Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Tailgate / Re: Be prepared!
« Last post by HuntnCarve on Today at 11:24:14 AM »
It only takes a split second for an accident to occur.  Glad that young couple found her.  My wife and I on a walk through town came across a old woman on her hands and knees?  At first glance I thought she was pulling weeds along a hedge row.  But her leaf blower was 15 feet away running?  We called out to her and she yelled "help"!   She told us she tripped on the cord to the leaf blower and could not get up.  So my wife ran and grabbed a nearby lawn chair.  I gently picked her up and set her in the chair. She was fine sitting there.  We then called her daughter who was working in the next town on my cell phone.  The daughter showed up to take her to the hospital.  But we found she could not put any weight on her legs.  So the ambulance was called.  Come to find she had broken her hip when she tripped.  Don't know how long she would have been out there if we had not happened by?  She said she had left her phone in the house, as she was only going to be out for a few minutes to blow the leaves off her side walk.

We'll keep your sister in our prayers for a speedy recovery Nasty. 

Dave
Forum Issues and Questions / Re: Hey Jim
« Last post by pitw on Today at 09:51:21 AM »
When you open up an old thread and it shows the photobucket thingy instead of the picture.  I found an add on for firefox that allows them pics to be viewed again. 
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fix/

Sure made it nice to look up old threads to see what I needed. 
« Last post by KySongDog on Today at 07:03:26 AM »
One hears about that sort of thing happening quite a bit but no one seems to think it could happen to them.   I am very glad to hear she got help and is on the mend.  That incident could have turned out very bad! 

I hunt alone 99% of the time.  For the last several years I've carried a PLB (a government emergency beacon) for if or when I end up in your sister's shoes.   I highly recommend it to anyone going off the beaten path.

Non Hunting/Fishing Photos / Re: The TractorGrease Cafe
« Last post by riverboss on Today at 06:49:24 AM »
Sadly all the good greasy food places are gone locally.
You can't get a piece of pie around here unless you go to the grocery.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

« Last post by riverboss on Today at 06:46:48 AM »
Wow talk about getting a luck break! Hope all turns out ok for her.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

The Tailgate / Re: Been building an airboat
« Last post by Coyotes-R-Us on Yesterday at 07:55:54 PM »
Hoping !!!
Forum Issues and Questions / Re: Hey Jim
« Last post by FinsnFur on Yesterday at 06:40:23 PM »
What'ya mean?
How are you trying to see them?
The Tailgate / Re: Dang Bufflers!
« Last post by FinsnFur on Yesterday at 06:39:26 PM »
John  :laf: :laf:
The Tailgate / Re: Been building an airboat
« Last post by FinsnFur on Yesterday at 06:30:37 PM »
She sounds bad ass :laf:
Your gonna have some fun in that thing :biggrin:
« Last post by FinsnFur on Yesterday at 06:26:27 PM »
Oh man that could have been so much worse. Lucky girl for sure. Thank god those others were around there. :bowingsmilie:
Hopefully shes heals up fine.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10