• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Lil Moose

Started by Todd Rahm, October 06, 2010, 08:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

I'll post some pics then come back and write something up. In short I shot s fork, saw 12 grizz, 1 wolverine, a few coyotes and wad surrounded by wolves day and night. See reply #25 for the storey

Sockey Salmon that fell victom to one of the many eagles we saw. The Reds and Silvers were still spawning, or trying too. I just thought the teeth were cool.

Me and my fork. Dropped it at 9:15 am with one shot through the heart. Recovered the bullet in the hide on the other side.

There were more bear tracks and wolf tracks then I have ever seen in one area in my life. Could be why we only saw two moose.

Todd Rahm

Some big bears in the area for sure.

This bear was following the moose tracks ya see further down. The moose decided to swim a few miles across the lake to avoid it too.

Thats a .338 round for size eference.

And of course one of a hand full of grouse that fell to the Comanche on the trip.

I have more to up load, be back.

KySongDog

I luv those pics!  Congrats on that moose!   :congrats:    Whats the story and how did you get him out? 

coyote101

Keep 'em coming.  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

How does one hunt walking look backwards all the time :confused:.  My neck would be sore from spinning like an owl with them tracks around. :whew:  Great looking moose for a fact. :bowingsmilie:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Todd Rahm

Squirrel tracks in the mud that I thought were cool.  :biggrin:

A spawned out sockeye that had previously escaped someones hook before it ventured up the river.

Just a cool shot at about 8:00 in the evening.

Another sockeye fighting the currant to stay alive.

Todd Rahm

Todd Rahm

Todd Rahm

Fly fishing from the boat.

Lots of bears viewed from this point.

Moose kill area out there.  :innocentwhistle: We stocked one bear into it, but he went out the back door.

What we were looking for, but even the tracks were rare in this area. (This was a cow more then likely)

Todd Rahm

Dollies on the fly. (Buddy Ken)

The stash!

Todd Rahm

Bills Custom Calls

Thanks for sharing  :congrats: on the moose,You didn't get a pic of the bear

Sure is some pretty country up there
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

HuntnCarve

All I can say is, "Wow!"  Looks like you had an awesome time.  Thanks for taking us Outsiders along. :laf:

Dave

FinsnFur

Mann, some of those landscape pics are mesmerizing. Thats some beautiful country.

Congrats on the Moose :congrats: That'll fill some freezer vacancy for sure :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

That might be a little moose, but those griz tracks are huge.  I sure am glad you took your camera along so I could enjoy the hunt.

Jerry

Okanagan

Great pics!  The country looks just like where I was last week near the Yukon border, leaves about the same stage etc.  but the bears in your part of the world are sure bigger.  You got some tasty meat there.  Thanks for the posts!

Frogman

Wow!!  Very nice!  Looks like a real adventure!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Todd Rahm

Thanks fellas, I'll  type something up later today. These pics were all taken with my IPhone. I'll get some more from mybuddues camera, and Bill he had s few pics of the bears.

For weather, scenery and wild life it was probably one of the best trips I have ever been on.

George Ackley

there you go big Todd  :highclap: :congrats:  just seen this post, i remember you saying you were scouting for moose

sweet when's the BBQ :innocentwhistle:

Todd how far from your home did you have to travail to hunt moose???
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

Silencer

lotsa meat on that hind quarter, making me hungry, beautiful pics !!