• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

coyotes and weather temp

Started by huntillinois, February 23, 2007, 08:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

huntillinois

Just looking for your input.  i was wondering if there is a temperature range that coyotes like to move more in.  It seems like in the last week since the temp has been above freezing or right at depending on time of day, i have seen alot more yotes out moving. I seen two this morning in my back yard one about 7:00 and the other about 7:50 they have all been singles.  the first one disparreared on me and the second i got a shot off while it was running away but missed.  so i just wondered in there is a temp range they like to move in more. I didn't know, all i know is that when it was really cold i would see one or two a week  this past week i have seen altleast 8.   it breaks down like this 2 while out hunting shot one, one while driving down the road, and 5 i have seen  crossing through my pasture.  so back to the question do they move more when its a warmer or i have i just been lucky to see them.

222Shooter

I have seen and other tell me they saw more during the recent cold snap. I would think that they would need to hunt more when it is cold. I think that it is easier to see them with snow on the ground so that may be part of the reason we are seeing more too.