• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

#2 from Ft Campbell

Started by JDP, February 10, 2012, 07:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDP

I got this male yesterday at 1:00PM on Ft Campbell. I got off work at 12:30 and made 4 sets. This guy shows up on my 1st set after 2 mins of adult cottontail from Foxpro. 25yrds dead, 17HMR

Hidehunter

Denver                                           

KySongDog

Nice!   Wished I lived closer to Ft Campbell.   

What's that other gun in the pic?  Shotgun?

code

How does a 17hmr do on yotes? Nice job :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

kyfuzzyface

Fuzzy

markTNhunter

FinsnFur

Nice work. :congrats:
He's got some nice looking red in him too.
Thanks for sharing it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Uhadme@gobble

congrats JDP!!! what areas you been hunt'n?

securpro

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

JDP

Thanks everyone!

Semp, that is my 12 ga Mossberg 535! We can only use up to BB on the Fort, so I just use my No 4 turkey load with xxfull choke. Haven't used it yet but just in case! I could have used it on both the yotes I've taken on post but I had clear lanes to shoot my .17 HRM.

Uhadme@gobble, so far we've hunted area 09B took 1 of 2 called in, area 01 2 called in no shot, area 20 called in 2 missed 2, area 23 nothing seen, area 04 called in 1 killed 1. Heading to area 44A in the morning! Hope to have more pics!!

I have enjoyed hunting post this year, seems like we are doing much better than last year so far! They are coming in much more often and we are getting shots!

Uhadme@gobble

JDP,good luck in the mourning. i turkey hunt on the campbell and seen alot of yote's....but have never come to hunt em . would love to go with you guy's some time. not to steel your thunder...but maybe tag along to film and get more experience! again, good luck tomorrow ....post up some pics!!!

JDP

Thanks! I'd rather be lucky than good! lol I usually tag along with my hunting partner that got me hooked last year! Sorry about the filming part it's not allowed on post, but if you are in the area and wanna give it a go just stop by the hunting and fishing office, thats where I work.