• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

300/221 upper

Started by CCP, July 01, 2012, 12:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCP

Digging through my stuff cleaning I took a look at the ole 300/221 upper and realized it has been gathering dust too long. I stopped shooting it a few years back and delegated it to loaning it out from time to time to friends to take a deer or hog with.

I am selling upper (less Bolt/carrier/Charging handle) along with Redding Deluxe Die set 300/221 Rem Series D, 150 pieces of brass, 59 loaded 110g Hornady V-max, 25 Loaded 165g Sierra HTBT, 9 Loaded 125g Nosler BT, 1 Scope mount bracket for A3 upper. These loaded rounds were worked up for this upper and shoot very well, however I never recommend using someone else’s loads. You should pull and re-use the components in your own loads. I will share my proven load data for this gun with you.

I put this upper together around 2001 or 2002? Have shot around 1,200 rounds down the tube and it still holds ½-3/4 MOA at 100yards. I painted it somewhere along the way.

I am asking $400.00 plus shipping for all. I will entertain trades AR related or trade for another upper plus bolt and carrier is desirable.(any caliber)

Right side of upper

Left side of upper

Dies

Everything together

If interested
PM me or e-mail me at ccp@easterncoyotes.com

BTW I put this up on 3 hunting forum classified's
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

CCP

Got around 6 offers for 20” bull barrel uppers I declined and didn’t want anything that heavy. Got 1 offer of $350.00 and 1 of $250.00.

In the mean time I went ahead and found a gun smith fairly local with a set of NoGo 300 WTF?( Black out) gauges and ran them in my upper and it was fine. After looking at the load data of the 300 WTF(Blackout) they were lower than my loads across the board so I ordered in a box of them and all ran fine. This was and will be the only factory rounds ever in this gun.

Now that I can easily buy already made brass to load saving me lots of time and with the limited offers I will be keeping the upper.

If any of you other Whisper, 300Fireball, 300/221 Rem , .221 TIW,  30/221, 300/221 or any 300 WTF? Chambers you have they are all the same except neck tightness and throat. Check yours to see if you can use 300 Blackout ammo I know most OLY , Model1,  noveske  and Doublestar marked in any of the above usually work but PLEASE CHECK BEFORE SHOOTING.

Been a big fan of Quarter bores website for years. Lot of good info there from real world 300WTF shooters that's been shooting them for many many years. Unfortunately a lot of new nitwits out there thinking there has been something new invented, only real thing new is it has a SAAMI standard now so all chambers can be equal.

http://www.quarterbore.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=8a8293be28039e89f2abfcc05c752bbd&f=27

Here a good post on the subject
http://www.quarterbore.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8892
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net