• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

calls

Started by codfish, March 28, 2007, 06:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

codfish

Can anyone tell me the mini phantom digital calls are any good for calling in coyotes

FinsnFur

I think any electronic caller is capable of calling in coyotes, codfish.

As mentioned in some of the pinned threads in the primer area, the biggest thing to keep in mind when wondering which E-caller to buy, is that the E-caller doesn't really increase your odds or your kills.

A lot of people just starting out, get frustrated because they can't call in a coyote every stand, so they feel they need an E-caller and then things will change for them. Unfortunately it doesnt work that way, and it just means that other things need to be looked at instead of the caller....like approach, wind direction, activity on the stands, the stand locations, etc.

Back to the Phantom...never used one but I have never heard any complaints about it either.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

What about this..... :huh:
I can't add a thing to what Jim said, so I guess I'll just have to give it a big..... DITTO  :biggrin:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

CCP

The volume and clarity is not all that good on these small units. Maybe if you put it away from you and after calling the coyote in with hand calls it would draw his attention away from you.

I do think you would be better off with hand calls because you will get more volume from a good hand call and can change up on the fly better. Take into consideration I have only played with one and not actually used it in the field.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

DirtyDog

I agree with Rich. If you are talking about those ones that sell for around $20, then they are not loud enough. If you are nervous about not knowing how to call, I can relate. I seriously suggest getting a video or DVD, even if it is a Primos Randy Anderson video, and learning what kind of distress sounds to make. Then get on here and buy one of these guys custom distress calls, and work on the sounds. Then work your way up to howling and other sounds. I am in the same boat. I am just now getting used to my howling and feeling confident with it. I hope this helps.

ND