• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

A few paintings..

Started by HuntnCarve, July 08, 2015, 12:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

Over the past few months I had the opportunity to do a few airbrush paintings. As with any craft there's a learning curve. LOL!  Here's a sample of some of them.

Thanks for looking!

HuntnCarve
Dave

A few of the more recent ones...

Hawks Feather

Dave,

Those look great.  I am beginning to wonder if there is anything that you can't do exceptionally well at.  What size are they?

Jerry

HuntnCarve

Thank you Jerry.

I've been doing the paintings on 1/8" hardboard that I cut into 6-1/4 tall, by 7-3/4" wide plaques.  The fawn painting (along with the Eastern Bluebirds) are from actual photos I took with the camera I got from FOs a while back.  I've been putting it to good use. I am not, nor will I ever be, the camera man that you are.  But I am learning.  LOL!
The whole plaque painting project started with me trying to use up a pile of off cuts I had left over from making wooden baskets years back.  Over time, I used a bunch of them up.  So I had to find an alternate source.  Enter the 1/8" hardboard.  It's readily available, and I can cut it to whatever shape I desire.   :laf:

Dave

Okanagan

Nice work!  As usual   :highclap:

HaMeR

Excellent as usaul Dave!!  Where's those HH inhabitants pics?? Before or after would be fine!!  :alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HuntnCarve

Glen,

I'll be the first to admit I've been a little lax with the HH photos.  Fact of the matter, the Honey Holes have pretty much dried up?  That being said, I've managed to take 14 chucks this year all around the property. I just finished up eliminating a band of juvenille chucks that one of which, had the audacity to sneak into my shop when I had the door open!  All night I was hearing knocks and bangs?  I thought it was coming from outside the house?  Then in the morning I went into the shop and noticed the window blinds had been slightly disturbed?  Almost like someone had climbed atop the pile of boxes, and peaked through the slats?
So I summoned the wife and opened the garage door.  Had her keep lookout as I walked around the car and kicked around the piles of wood and clutter that make up my shop.  Going around the car, I noticed a big chunk of pine tilted up against the side of the car? 
"What the heck is going on here?"  I was sort of thinking a wren had once again snuck in the shop.  But the objects moved were too big? 
Walking over to the wife, I glanced over my shoulder in time to see a little chuck hightailing it out the door.  "That little Bast!"  I cried as I ran upstairs and grabbed a rifle.  The chucklet, meantime had run down the hill to the woods edge.  Just as I got him in the scope he ducked out of sight. :argh:
I figured he had ambled in the evening before as I had the garage door open all day as I was back and forth in the shop.  He apparently crawled behind some pine planks along the wall and hung out.  After I closed up for the night he must have started exploring.
Well, I ended up keeping close watch down over the hill where I had last seen him.  I found I could sneak down the back steps and work my way over to the tractor shed.  Peeking around the corner of the shed, I could quickly check out the bottom yard.  A week later I caught one of them munching away in the lawn.  A shot behind the ear at 30 yards dispatched him nicely.  Figuring there to be more, I kept vigil the past two weeks.  And sure enough, I picked off two more.  I'm hoping I took out the pack?  :wink:  Can't have the little blighters trying to share the shop! :laf:

Dave

Dave

You're hoping you took out the pack???
          - I bet you're really hoping you didn't!

BTW I like the painting of the fawn - looks just like the pic

HaMeR

:laf: :laf:  That's too funny Dave!!

Not a lot of groundhog shootin around here either. The beans went in late & they are growing at an alarming rate making it harder to see them already. This weather has been good for the crops. Most of the hay Farmers we shoot on are just now getting the hay mowed & baled. This weather has been bad for them.

However we did pick up a new bean field close to home & I took that whole Family out to. Then 2 weeks later shot a 6th one from that same hole!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:

We'll be back out & about this weekend if the weather holds. 
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

I got more excited when I saw a groundhog last week than when I see turkeys or deer.  They are that scarce around here.

Jerry

HuntnCarve

Jerry,

I have not been seeing them like I used to.  Their numbers are down here too.  Though, my old neighbor Chips, claims to be seeing a lot of them this year upstate and around the local mountains? :shrug:

Dave

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Jeeez...come in here to look at the art work and get a nice little Hog story to boot.  :eyebrownod:
Love your work Dave. Mannnnn you are so good at those painted drawings. Several of them look 3D. Thanks for sharing :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Yeah everybody else has to use a Nikon or a Canon or a cell phone. But nooooooo!! Not HuntnCarve Dave Paul!!!  :pout: :pout:

He just uses an airbrush!!!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Show off!!  :alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11