• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Couple beauts

Started by FinsnFur, June 24, 2017, 07:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

One last night to get my weekend started.
One a couple hours ago in the pouring rain.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Dang your hauling in some tonnage lateley :bowingsmilie:....is that a jig...details?

Okanagan

Yes, oh Obi-Wan Bass Master, that must have been fun.  Let us in on the story.

pitw

That coulda been titled 2. :innocentwhistle:

Good going.
I say what I think not think what I say.

slagmaker

Nice. Will you be trying out your father's day fillet knife on them?
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Dave

Wow they're hogs
Able to weigh em?

FinsnFur

The first one was on a bare, lead head jig rigged with a Berkely crawfish. I was in a spot fishing from shore that always produces at least one or two fish...every single time. The problem is, its a boat launch so I have to hit it when the weather is crappy or in the evening when all the tourists are in off the water.
There were no trailers in the lot but I could tell it hadnt been long since someone pulled their boat out by the wet gravel. And naturally I tried anyway, I mean thats why I was there.
I fished a 50ft x 50ft area for about an hour and couldnt even get a bump or a swirl. I tried light colored skirted spinners, dark skirted spinners, jigs, jigs with a trailer, top water frogs. They just werent having it.
I absolutely hate going home skunked. It makes me feel defeated and it does not happen very often at all. I was about to hang it up and was wondering what else I could try with the limited tackle I brought with me. I walked back to the truck and had forgotten I had a naked wobble head jig that I found on a previous outing and it was laying on the floorboard. I grabbed that and took the crawfish trailer off the skirted jig and put the two together.
First cast...flung it to the waters edge into some flooded grass. My plan...just like fishing with any craw like that.... was to let it set for a minute and then begin to twitch it away from the shoreline. That guy wasnt having it and he grabbed a hold of it before I closed my bail. It was on! He had to be setting right where it landed because it was instant.

The second one, where I'm wearing the red rain coat was the same spot the following evening. Thought I had the boat ramp to myself and a couple pull in and start staging their boat. I thought to myself they must be some real die hards cause it's pouring out here and the radar look pretty nasty.
I walked away from the ramp and began fishing in a small flat that boarders the ramp. Knowing I wosnt going to catch anything because the water is so shallow there, I didnt want to make the people on the ramp look like I was waiting for them to leave...which I was :innocentwhistle: So i pretended to be fishing contently over here.
BOOM! this 17 inch bitch was laying in wait and decided my black skirted spinner jig was just what she wanted. She put up a good fight...I thought for sure she was gonna get off the way she kept shooting out of the water and dancing on her tail.
Caught two more on that flat before I left and then realized why. It was well into the evening and they had moved into the shallows to feed.

The 17 incher was a little over 2and half pounds. I only know that because I actually brought that one back to give to our old postmaster lady who loves fish but isnt able to go out anymore. I gave her a bunch of Bluegills I caught Saturday morning too. It was 2.9 pounds.
No I didnt fillet anything. The gal I gave these to cooks her fish in the carcass. That makes things pretty simple for me  :sneer:
Barry, what fun would that be? :laf: Did you think there was going to be some broads pictured in this thread?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

slagmaker

Cool wright up. There's nothing like catching fish on recoverd tackle.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Hawks Feather

Jim,

'Couple beauts' are you talking about the fish or the fisherman?

Jerry

FinsnFur

:laf: What fish Jerry?

OHH! those!
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather