• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Hog Trap

Started by Carolina Coyote, May 12, 2009, 07:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolina Coyote

Hog trap made from Tow Tank baskets, Don't know about you guys but the hogs are really populating in out neck of the woods.cc

Hawks Feather

Is the guy inside the bait?

Jerry

FinsnFur

Yerah, I was gonna say I think they caught one :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Okay I can grasp the hog trap idea but what do you do with the hogs once caught?
I say what I think not think what I say.

Carolina Coyote

The Hogs are edible, sausage, barbecue, chitterlings, whatever, you Yankee's need to come South for a little while ( just a little while) and get an education   :laf: on these Feral Hogs if you don't already have them in your area they are coming.  :eyebrow:

Is the guy inside the bait? ( come on Hawk are you serious )  :rolleye:

Todd Rahm

Last time any Yank went south he was told he had a perty mouth and asked to squeel like a pig.  :shck: We've been scared every since.  :innocentwhistle:  :roflmao:

Let'm come to Alaska, I'm ready for some Ham's.  :biggrin:

CC, is trapping them just an option to hunting them and how many can ya trap? I guess I'm asking is it regulated at all yet?

Carolina Coyote

Todd, You can Trap, Hunt ,dog them or anyway to get rid of them, they are not considered Game animals, they are very destructive to crops and compete with other wildlife for food, we don't mind having a small problem as long as they don't get out of hand, under any circumstance you will never get rid of all of them, they are very prolific and breed several time a year and have litters up to 15 or 16, They also range out quite often , may be there one day gone the next but if plenty of food will hang around. Its unbelievable how much damage they can do.  last year my Brother-in-law who live behind me about 1/2 mile away had a 3 ac watermelon and cantaloupe patch and in two night they wiped it out. Just like Coyotes most any Land owner will give permission to Hunt them. cc

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on May 13, 2009, 08:03:01 AM

Is the guy inside the bait? ( come on Hawk are you serious )  :rolleye:

No, but I thought it sounded good.    :innocentwhistle:

FinsnFur

Oh he was serious! :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Carolina Coyote

We only use Yankees for bait.  :eyebrownod: cc

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Todd Rahm

Man, I would like to come down there and thin some piggies out for ya.  :biggrin:

Carolina Coyote

Todd, There are plenty of them Hogs around, bring a big Truck and get a load, there's no limit. cc

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on May 13, 2009, 06:01:36 PM
We only use Yankees for bait.  :eyebrownod: cc

Todd,

Since you are considered a Yankee, you might want to rethink the invite.    :shck:

I can see Todd at the Canadian border now - sitting in his big truck with his .454 in his lap telling the guards that he is going to shoot pigs.   :wink:

Jerry

Carolina Coyote

Hawk, I don't know that we Rebels consider Alaska as Yankee's since they did not fight in the civil War and since they elected Sara Palin as Governor I think we could save him from the bait box, he's got to be a "good old boy" and we would never put a "good old boy" in the bait box even if he was a Yankee's, we like good old boys. We drag out a jug of talk and just have a large time. lol  :eyebrownod:  :laf:  :laf:  :laf:  :laf:cc

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

Sounds like a plan to me.  I don't need all that much of the jug to start talking.  I usually just go to sleep.  But I can't say that I have had any of the Carolina shine - only West "By God" Virginny shine.

Jerry

Jimmie in Ky

I saw a repeater trap on one of the habitat management programs last week.Build a round pen from cattle panels and set this gate system for the opening.They can check in but not out. Its being used in many southeastern states and texas already. They had from three to ten at a check.

I have them here as well. I just haven't found the buggers yet. At least one sow and pigs have been seen within two hundred yards of my back fencerow. Of course that doesn't mean she has been hanging around here all the time. Thy seem to move back and forth between the hills and swamps.  And like every where else there is no limit on porkers.Jimmie

Carolina Coyote

I have seen the repeater traps around here and they work great if the hogs are in the general area, the Trap in the picture is fairly easy to move around and we have several of them and we have caught as many as 10 at a time in them only problem with them they need to be checked every day as sometimes you also catch Deer and not enough food or water to keep hogs alive for long, Deer will sometimes kill them selfs trying to get out, so if we are not able to check them every day we fix the trap so it will not trip but leave bait in it to keep the coming in. They do travel quite a bit and sometimes it takes a lot of bait to get them coming. We only see them on our property  in Georgia  when we have lots of rain but all around us plenty of them. cc

Carolina Coyote

I usually just go to sleep.  But I can't say that I have had any of the Carolina shine - only ( West "By God" Virginny shine. )
Now I bet a jug of that has a bunch of talk in it.  :laf:  :eyebrownod: