• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

80 pound WV coyote . . .

Started by Frogman, May 13, 2009, 07:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

That got your attention didn't it!!

This morning I was at the bank making a deposit for the Scuba shop.  There was an older guy at the window to my left dressed in all camo.  I overheard the guy telling the teller that he had been out turkey hunting.  He said he had killed an 80 pound coyote that came in after some turkeys!!  I asked him if he had time to tell me about it after we finished our banking.  So I met up with the guy outside the bank and he told me again about killing an 80 pound coyote.  I told him that I was really into coyote hunting and that would really be a whopper of a coyote.  "Did you have it weighed?" I asked him.  "Yeah, well his son did."  Turned out his son is a local consevation officer with DNR.  I quizzed him further about the coyote and finally he admitted that, "Well we didn't actually weigh it.", but he and his son conservativly estimated that it weighed at least 80 pounds.  Being the skeptical person that I am I asked him to tell me about the hunt.  He said the early this morning he and his son were turkey hunting.  They heard some gobbling and then saw some turkey hens off in the distance.  Before they could call the turkeys closer this huge coyote came charging in scattering the turkeys.  He said that when the coyote was about 40 yards away he shot it in the face with a load of number 4s.  Knocked it down and then it jumped up and limped away down into a steep ravine squealing and groaning.  It soon quit making any noise and so he assumed he had killed it.  I asked him if he had kept the carcass, that I would really like to see it?  "Oh, no," he replied, "it was too far down in the ravine to fool with, I know I killed it!"  I went to my vehicle and got some pictures of some of the coyotes I have killed and showed them to him.  The biggest weighed about 40 pounds I told him.  "Oh, this one was much bigger than any of those."  "It was a huge male."  I don't know how he knew what sex it was if he didn't recover it??  "It's tracks were this big," he made a circle with his fingers about the size of a tennis ball.  He claimed to have killed this 80 pound coyote at Davisville, WV which is not too far from my house.   

I need to forget about these turkeys and get back out there after these huge 80 pound WV coyotes, don't you know????

Jim

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

pitw

Well you certainly got my attention.  One of the ways I make a little extra pocket cash is to bet guys at the serve about the weight of coyotes and I've never lost to them.  Funny how people over estimate the size of almost everything :huh:.[go for it cathryn].
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Yeah you got my attention too. I thought by gawd Jim hit the jackpot!

But this really got my attention! :laf:
Quote from: pitw on May 13, 2009, 08:24:28 PM
:huh:.[go for it cathryn].

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Roundman

80 lbs  :confused:  :confused:   :nono:

I did kill a spike buck up in WV that had a 32 inch spread!  :hahaha: Well I didn't find it, but I'm sure I killed it.  :innocentwhistle:
'

LORDDAL

80 lb yote  :roflmao: my moneys is on he shot someones german sheppard and thought it was a yote I have seen some nice yotes around but never one that was close to 80lbs
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff