• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Juan, Jose and the feral cat

Started by JohnP, August 31, 2009, 04:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

We have had a feral cat driving us crazy for the past several weeks.  Spraying all over the back patio and front porch, he has ruined a few chair cushions and has just been a real pain in the butt.  Attempts to get a day time shot at him has proved futile, leg holds and two Hav-A-Hart traps have not been productive.  Our Dobbie will not give chase because we (wife) have trained him to leave our (hers) cat alone, much to my dismay.

Last weekend we had a few friends over for a BBQ,  just burgers and hotdogs, nothing special just good friends and good conversation.  As always when you live on the American/Mexican border the conversation turned to illegals and what we should be doing about it and what our government is not doing.  Someone made the comment, in jest of course, that when we see them we should shoot them, all except one.  The escapee would then return to Mexico and he would spread the word that it’s not safe to be an illegal alien in Arizona.  Everyone agreed, in jest of course.

After everyone left the wife and I are still sitting out on the patio enjoying what was left of a beautiful day - lo and behold we look up on the mountain and there is Juan and Jose sneaking across the mountain trail.  Wife gets up to go in and call the Border Patrol.  At about the same time I see Mr. Feral Cat, rather in close and no place near Juan & Jose.  Grab the Ruger 77/17, line up on Mr. Feral Cat and bang finally got him .  Wife in the meantime was in the process of dialing, drops the phone and starts yelling at me “What did you do?”  "What did you do?" “You didn’t shoot them  â€" DID YOU?”  It was just to much to pass up, so I replied:  “Not both of them, I let one go.”

Chances are I’ll be sleeping in the travel trailer the next few days.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

pitw

Quote from: JohnP on August 31, 2009, 04:19:17 PM
Chances are I’ll be sleeping in the travel trailer the next few days.

That's what we call the ram pasture here  :roflmao:.  My kinda story.
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

HuntnCarve

Yotehntr

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  she didn't listen to the earlier conversation to well huh!  :readthis:   leave 1 to go back!  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Hawks Feather

You should have gone for a double - cat and border crosser.

Jerry

iahntr

Scott

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

Great story!   But the problem with the illegals just makes me sick.  I would be awfully tempted to go in to sniper mode.   :rolleye:

I hope they give your home a wide berth.     

Todd Rahm

Jeb

LOL John , hope that rv is air conditioned. :roflmao: :roflmao:  Great story !
                                Jeb