• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

2011 Bow Contest

Started by HaMeR, September 30, 2011, 04:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaMeR

Announcing the 2011 FnF Bowhunt Contest

Contest will be broken into two categories and will run from Sept. 30th, 2011 through Feb. 5th, 2012.

Best Photograph
Can be a photo of any bow kill harvested between the dates above. Date stamped photos are a must. Judging will be on the aww factor of the picture. Meaning either the size of the harvested animal/s, or the setting the pic was in, or overall picture, or all of the above. Looking for something that stands out from an ordinary hero shot here.

Largest Whitetail Rack
Will have to be photo'd obviously, but we ask that you include something for size reference. A tape measure legible in the pic, measuring the spread, would be best.
Must be a Whitetail deer.
This will be judged on the widest spread, so measure them at their widest point.

* The members will judge the Best Photograph, and the Largest Whitetail Rack will judge itself.
    * You don't have to specify which category you want your entry in. It will pretty much dictate that itself.
    * All entries must be a registered Fins and Fur member at the time the contest begins. (Sept. 30th 2011) Midnight. This way no one is lurking, hops in after a massive kill and runs off with the loot, never to be seen again.
    * All entries must be posted in this thread in order to be eligible.
    * All entered pictures must either be time stamped via the camera, or there must be something in the photo reading "Fins and Fur '11.
No photoshopped images.

Prizes
One 1st place winner will be selected for each category.

Each first place winner will receive...

* A $100.00 gift card to Cabelas or Bass Pro Shop. Winners choice.

Good luck to all :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

iahntr

* All entered pictures must either be time stamped via the camera, or there must be something in the photo reading "Fins and Fur '10.
No photoshopped images.

Crap ! The sign I have made up "Fins & Fur 2011" won't work then !?!    :biggrin:
Scott

FinsnFur

:laf:  ooops
I better fix that for my lil HaMeR
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

KySongDog

Quote from: HaMeR on September 30, 2011, 04:36:47 PM

Best Photograph
Can be a photo of any bow kill harvested between the dates above. Date stamped photos are a must. Judging will be on the aww factor of the picture. Meaning either the size of the harvested animal/s, or the setting the pic was in, or overall picture, or all of the above. Looking for something that stands out from an ordinary hero shot here.

So the photograph part of the contest can be any animal taken with a bow?  And not just a whitetail deer?  Just wondering.   :wo:

iahntr

Scott

FinsnFur

That would be correct Semp. :wink:
It was brought to our attention a while back that Whitetail arent available everywhere, and not everyone hunts them.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

HaMeR

Sure!! Pick on the old overworked guy that types with 2 fingers!!  :argh:

:alscalls: :alscalls:

Good Luck to everybody!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Lighterknot

No entries so far?  Man, I wish I had a fins and fur sign with me on Sunday when all we had to take a pictura was a camera phone.
Chad

FOsteology

Until someone sticks one and enters the contest, here's a cool pic. to tide you boys over.

FinsnFur

What are the odds of capping a shot like that over your cuddeback trail cam  :laf: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Lighterknot

I have a picture of this buck on trail cam 2 nights before I shot him.  Can't upload pics from work but will when I go home for lunch.
Chad

Spike

Practice makes perfect. If you remember when I shot at my 4 point on Saturday night around 6:00. That night I shot just over his back. Luckily I missed him clean. We moved some stuff around on my bow and shot through paper. We went down under some big oak trees and practiced out of a stand at a fake 3-d doe target and found where to shoot him at what angle. On sunday, monday and tuesday I practiced every chance I got and felt deadly about my shooting. On tuesday evening Dad and I headed out to the stand where I missed my 4 point and I spoted a 5 point around 6:00. He walked past us and out of the woods and into the field behind us. We forgot are grunt call but luckily brought are rattiling antlers. My Dad was burbing to try to sound like we were using a grunt call. He didn't pay attention so we tapped the antlers together and he quickly responded to them. The wind was blowing right toward him but he didn't smell us. He started to come back into range but there were limbs in the way and I couldn't get a good shot. He looked really nervous and was trying to smell us and finally he walked back up into the clover field. We couldn't see him anymore and just watched the trails in front of us in the woods. After a while it started to get dark and then we heard something off to our right. It was him. He came back for another look. He was walking straight for are tree when two other bucks showed up. None were as big as him. He smelled them and then started coming for us. At 11 yards he finally turned broadside. I pulled my bow back and he took two long leaps and stopped to look back. He was quartering away from us and I put the green pin right on the top of the kill zone just behind his ribs. I pulled the release and saw the tracer nock go straight into him and disapear. He ran up towards the other bucks and into a thicker part of the woods. Dad thought I shot under him but then thought I hit him low because we didn't see the nock in the ground. We went down and looked for some blood. Found two little drops and then I thought I heard some rustling up around where he ran to. Dad said we should leave and give it a couple of hours just in case. We came back around 9 ish with flashlights and found his trail. We walked up a little and found the nock glowing red right next to the 5 point. I was so excited.
Here are two pictures of him.

And in this one you can see he is a five point

coyote101

Wonderful story Dante.  :highclap: :highclap: Congratulations on a beautiful deer.  :congrats: :congrats: You should be very proud.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Spike

Thanks! It was so much fun!

kyfuzzyface

WTG Congrats on a Nice Buck and a good story  :highclap: :highclap:
Fuzzy

FOsteology

That's fantastic Dante! Nice buck, and good shot. Congrats!  :congrats:

KySongDog

Congratulations on a fine buck!   I'll bet your heart was thumping just a little.    :eyebrownod:

iahntr

Super job !!  :yoyo:
Congratulations !!  :highclap: :highclap:
Scott

FinsnFur

Absolutely beautiful buddy :yoyo:

Quote from: Spike on October 06, 2011, 07:19:38 PM
We came back around 9 ish with flashlights and found his trail. We walked up a little and found the nock glowing red right next to the 5 point. I was so excited.

I was excited just reading it! Nice job :congrats: And congratulations.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers