• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Crossbow strikes again

Started by coyote101, November 29, 2012, 05:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

I promised a local family that I would get them some venison this year,

so I went out Tuesday morning and got this little one for them.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

That was quite the neighborly thing Pat :congrats:
And it looks like it'll be one of the better eaters too :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Scott

Okanagan

You are GOOD with that thing, Pat!  Tempting...

weedwalker

Way to go Pat!! Congrats on the doe!!

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Hawks Feather

Great thing to do for the family.  But at the same time I am beginning to wonder if you aren't just looking for ways to get out and use that crossbow.   ;yes;

Jerry

coyote101

Quote from: Hawks Feather on November 30, 2012, 06:36:05 AM
Great thing to do for the family.  But at the same time I am beginning to wonder if you aren't just looking for ways to get out and use that crossbow.   ;yes;

Jerry

I absolutley am Jerry. The deer population is booming here and we can shoot an unlimited number of anterless deer. But I can only eat so much venison and I won't just kill one and let it go to waste. However, if I know someone who wants, and will use the meat, I have a good excuse to keep hunting. I will probably take a couple more before the season ends.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Carolina Coyote

Looks like you made a perfect shot Pat,  :congrats: cc

shaddragger

:bowingsmilie: You are on FIRE Pat! Which broadhead do you shoot?
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

coyote101

Quote from: shaddragger on November 30, 2012, 09:18:35 PM
Which broadhead do you shoot?

I am using 100 grain 3-bladed RAGE broadheads.

Pat
NRA Life Member

FinsnFur

You can take an unlimited amount of anterless deer?  Wow, thats a pretty bold statement from the KDFWR.
You guys must be swimming in deer.  :holdon:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 30, 2012, 10:27:23 PM
You can take an unlimited amount of anterless deer?  Wow, thats a pretty bold statement from the KDFWR.
You guys must be swimming in deer.  :holdon:

Copied from the 2012-2013 Kentucky Hunting and Trapping Guide:

ADDITIONAL DEER PERMIT

To take more than two deer, an Additional Deer Permit must be purchased. The Additional Deer Permit is valid for deer of either sex. Regardless of what permit a deer hunter carries, the statewide season limit for antlered deer is one per hunter.

In Zone 1, hunters may take an unlimited number of antlerless deer. In Zones 2-4, hunters may take a total of four deer. The statewide limit is ONE antlered deer per hunter, per season. The Additional Deer Permit is not valid unless the hunter has first purchased an annual hunting license and statewide deer permit and is able to show proof of that in the field. A statewide or Additional Deer Permit may be used on public and private land, and during some quota hunts.

I live and hunt in a Zone 1 county. Additional deer permits cost $15 and are good for two deer. Yeah Jim, we have plenty of deer. Some farmers would say we have too many.

Pat
NRA Life Member

Dave

Good job, Pat.  I'm sure that family appreciates your sacrifices in your painstaking attempts to provide them with a little venison.  :biggrin:

Your area sounds a lot like PA's Southeastern and Southwestern zones.  There is a limit on total permits the state allocated to each zone (the SE zone I live in allocates 110,000 permits), but they only get close to being all bought out in January (the SE and SW zones - the other zones sell out pretty quick).  THere are about 22 different zones and the average zone allocates roughly 45-55 thousand permits.  We are also one buck/year, and the xtra antlerless permits are about $7 each.

HaMeR

Nicely done Pat!! Your neighbors have a great neighbor my Friend!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hidehunter

:yoyo: Great Job Pat.  I wish our WV management plan would follow in your alls foot steps.  You can kill I dont know how many legal bucks here now.  People here are on the 'if its brown its down' mentality and the bucks just dont get the oppurtunity to grow like they do in KY now.  Alot of the people wont shoot a doe...I guess it makes them feel unmanly lol.  This come alot from the older generations who were used to hunting when the population was very low.  Times have changed.  I think you guys have some great biologists and DNR or whoever controls ya'lls management regs...that goes for fish to.
Denver