• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bobcat Sets

Started by Brickbat96, January 30, 2013, 09:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brickbat96

Hey Peeps: I am trying to find out your favorite bobcat sets. I live in the South-east corner of West TN. I got bit by the trapping bug about seven years ago. I can only trap on the week-ends now because of a new job. So I need to set the most productive sets I can. So what is your favorite or go to set for cats with the bob tail?

FinsnFur

Welcome to the site Brickbat.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hidehunter

My favorite is a dirthole set. I make my own bait out of the beaver I catch. Make the set look interesting. Dont conceal it to much. I always bed and blend in my trap but the set in its entirety has to stand out. Think about a house cat when you throw a box or paper bag in the floor. They have to go investigate. Same thing with a bobcat. One set i do frequently is dig my hole and make it look like something has been over there digging and making a mess. Its got to catch the cats eye and attention and once it does it has to investigate. The sight of the set brings the cat over and the bait brings him right on in for the catch. If its legal hang feathers from a limb and scatter them on the ground. Another thing that has worked for me in the past is saving egg shells and placing them at the trap. Juat always remember its about eye appeal when it comes to the kittys. Hope this helps and take us some pics!

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Denver                                           

Brickbat96

Thanx HideHunter. Your post was very helpfull. I think I need to advertise more like you said. I have some pics of one I caught last week-end but can't find where to upload them on this site.

Hidehunter

I always use photobucket.  Very simple to use.
Denver                                           

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com