• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

8pt deer of a lifetime for me

Started by vayotehowler, November 21, 2009, 09:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vayotehowler

Went for my third hunt of the season today . Just havent had the fever . Deer envy. Tired of watching the pros kill 150 + class deer and in my neck of the woods if it 's brown it's down. Neighbor shoots em and lets em run off to die. didnt think we had many big deer trail cams never get em and never see em. overslept this morning, alarm 430 and got up at 5, my place is 40 mintues away. missed 1st light and got to stand to see two deer moving up ridge and gone. went to another location jumped one up. Wait for the tragedy. I went to get some spary estrous urine and go to my aunts house to set adoe decoy and grunt some deer in to her garden area(there every night.) in field below her house at 3pm grazing is about 140 to 150 class 8 pt , BUCK FEVER kicked in, used a fence post as a brace and only had head on shot ,wiated like three min and he turned broad side, Put the hairs to him 113 yards, now the tragedy, ihad the hairs perfect behind the shoulder , squuezed and deer was standing like what was that . saunters back in the thicket,  My darwin award moment, Got gun 2 yrs ago at dicks, they boresited it and told me good to go, paid 10.00 and gander and they told me only good for 25 yards, same as dicks used :madd: :doh2: :pout:  deer of a life time blown to not sighting in my rifle i have the fever again

iahntr

Well ya learned a good lesson.  :wink:
Too bad it had to be on such a nice buck.  :eyebrownod:
I think no matter what your usin, bow, shotgun, pistol, rifle,
even if it was good last year, should be shot before season
to make sure everything is still on.
Now ya got the feaver again, go get him !  :yoyo:
Scott

FinsnFur

Boy that'd be a tough pill to swallow. :nono:

I'm with Scott. The guns all get drug out here continuously for recreation shooting and still go for a range session before any season. 
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Same here.  Half the fun of any season is getting the gun out and doing the sighting in thing.   Builds up the anticipation of Opening Day.   :biggrin:

Va, you learned a great lesson.  And you'll be ready next time.   :eyebrow:

alscalls

My BIL asked if he could come out and check his gun before Monday(opening day rifle season).........I said sure.......he said he has not shot it since last season...... :laf:  I thought for a min.......I think I have shot every gun I own.....at least monthly since last season.... :laf: :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Hidehunter

^^Same here, I was out shooting yesterday and seen an old buddy of mine.  He laughed and said 'cant believe you wait until a couple days before season to sight in your gun'.  I laughed back and told him I prolly shot more in my slow month of July than he has in the past 5 years.  Shooting is almost as fun as the hunt itself...almost.
Denver                                           

FOsteology

Yeah, tough break and a hard pill to swallow..... but bet you learned a valuable lesson! Go sight your rifle in and head back out and tag your buck!

SCcoyotehunter

maybe you will get another chance, dont give up