• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

weekend photos

Started by Brad H, September 08, 2007, 03:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad H

These are scouting and fishing, but I'll bulk them all here.

My parents pond in SE MT. Granted, it is a "stocked" pond, it was very addicting, and the kids loved it. Even though these fish were many and usually very willing to play along, there were times they would have nothing to do with a lure or worm. But when on the hook, they were all fight.

This next pic is the only one that turned out. The smoke in general was so bad it was tough to get any pics of this area at all. This is Forest service land about 8 miles from my parents house with three major rock points sticking up at about 5900 feet above sea level at the bases. I only have one pictured, and I'm not into these kind of movies, but a scene in Lonesome Dove 2 was filmed here. I remember seeing all the chrome trailers parked beside the road in the early 90s. It's a cat trappers paradise. I scouted around and found little or no trapper sign. The only problem would be keeping the elk from stepping on the traps. This is 450 miles from where I live and I'm still trying to figure out some way to set this area.

Todd Rahm

NIce pics Brad. Good looking lil pond there for the kids to play in too.

studabaka

Keep figuring cause that sure looks like some sweet terrain.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Hawks Feather

I haven't had a road trip this year, but that looks like a great place.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Cool,  :yoyo: thanks for bringing em in.

Hey does that pond have goldfish in it too? Looks like I can see a goldfish just under the surface in that third pic.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Jim,

Those aren't goldfish, they are just chunks of gold.  They have them laying all over in that area.   :shck:

Jerry

awh

Great pics. Love the ones of the kids having fun.  :yoyo:

Now for your dilemma of setting that area......You need a partner don't ya :biggrin:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Brad H

Got my computer glitches fixed so I'm back. Thanks guys!

I'm thinking I could use a partner or two. I'd go insane trying to cover all this by myself.  :madd: :laf:
I actually was thinking of you and Cam when the kids were pulling these fish in. I think it'd a been right up his alley.

It has a goldfish kinda look, don't it Jim? I think the gold is in the creek, but the trout do like to troll the rocks in the mornings and evenings.

awh

Why thank ya Mr. B.
Cam finally took a break from the girls and getting traps ready to do a little fishing Saturday night w/ me. But I left the camera at home and after the 6th catfish he let me know he was'nt happy that the camera was not w/ us... :innocentwhistle: (Put it back in the truck Sunday....)
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

bowjunkie

WOW nice pics and that lil hill out back man I would call it every time I was there

OH ya I still plan on being there in oct the wedding is still on  :biggrin: 

FinsnFur

Yeah that last pic is Keeeeewl
I would have sworn it was a goldfish  :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dogwood Creek

Beautiful! Great pics there buddy. That is a dandy Rainbow too.

Jerry Hunsley

Brad, Very nice pictures and scenery there. What town are your parents from. Must be pretty close to the S.D. border. Have you been trapping anything yet. Took my eighth coyote today, all in 4 mile area.

Bluesman

Protect our sport.  Act like you got some sense out there so future generations can enjoy hunting too,

JB