• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Another 1st for Lil-Man

Started by awh, August 29, 2007, 07:47:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

awh

Cameron gave up on his ground hog after it had not went in the trap for a week. (Come to find out one of the gang had shot it) Soooo, he moved back to the ponds for some more live trapping. Here's his catch from the other night.

After we got the trap out of the brush, I noticed the coons left front leg. It had no fur half way up it's leg?? Anyone know what could have caused this? Here's the best pic I could get of it.

We debated for a good while on if it's leg was due to rabies or something and if we should let it go or not. We finally made up our mind and let him go. he went straight to the nearest tree and up it in about 2 seconds. Still growling at us the whole time. This is when I thought of 204 and his thread on calling them.

And last but not least, the camera started it's crap again and we ended up with this

Thought of Bop :shrug:  :roflmao:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Bills Custom Calls

Reaching through the cage  will take the fur off
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

awh

Forgot to add that he tried several baits, all of the fish catagory, and his trap was empty of bait and animal every day until the piece of country ham from his biscuit was put in. We have determined that the mink are getting his fish bait and are not heavy enough to trip the trap. We have a small box trap in the plans for them to see if they are smarter than us.. :roflmao: (No remarks on that one guys....we all know they are smarter than me, but Cam still has ALL of his brain cells!)
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

awh

Quote from: bnccont on August 29, 2007, 07:52:54 AM
Reaching through the cage  will take the fur off

Never even crossed my mind Bill. There was a place to the side of the trap where the ground was scuffed a bit. I bet your right  :congrats:

Bills Custom Calls

No applause needed I know I am right
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Silencer

Tell Cam Congrats !!!  Thats awesome !!!  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!

Nelson

AWH,

Spread a very thin layer of canned cat food on the upper end of the trigger mechanism.  They have to work to lick it off and that will depress the trigger.

Nelson

awh

Will get him some cat food to try that. Thanks for the tip.

Brad H

That's cool! Good for you and Cam!!

Cage trapping coons is fun. Skunks...a little touchier.

Brad

Hawks Feather

Nice pictures of the coon, but the animal in that last picture is SCARY!

Jerry

FinsnFur

Quote from: awh on August 29, 2007, 07:47:47 AM

And last but not least, the camera started it's crap again and we ended up with this

Yep, that thar is a Bopeye photo.  :yoyo:  :roflmao:

Now that deserves a "bite me Jimbo" doesn't it?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jeb

Back in my younger days I used to live cage trap coons and sell them to the local hunters .  Out of about 5 years on and off trapping coons  I had one coon that seemed more aggressive :argh: than normal. Within 24 hours in a cage with food and water he had chewed off one of his from feet. He looked like he had been in a steel trap......... but was free to move in a cage,  :shrug: go figure.
                       Jeb

clousewt

I will have to try the cat food in the live trap. I have tried sardines with no luck. Tom

awh

Quote from: FinsnFur on August 29, 2007, 05:10:48 PM
Quote from: awh on August 29, 2007, 07:47:47 AM

Yep, that thar is a Bopeye photo.  :yoyo:  :roflmao:

Now that deserves a "bite me Jimbo" doesn't it?

Jim, ya know how everyone on the other forums has a list in their sig line for the years total kills/catches? I think we all need to start one for bite me's given by Bop.

FinsnFur

:roflmao: you might be right  :highclap:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

keekee

Thats cool! Tell Cam Congrads!

Brent

psycho

I cut my trapping teeth on using and building live traps.. I caught numerous coons and loved every second of it.

Congrats to the lil fella..