• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Morning Hunt

Started by Yotehntr, March 24, 2019, 12:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

Me and a buddy took the curs out this morning and did a little calling.  1st stand didn't produce any so we went to the other side of the farm and had a taker... My buddy (Andy) connected hard on him at 172 yards, my curs started hollering but I kept them back and we ki-yi'd with curs hollering... and it's mate popped up we both set our cross hairs up for a warning shot :laf: and both squeezed the triggers for a double warning.... tried to hit it on the run but as Andy said, they're hard to hit with the after burners on... Turned the curs loose but they didn't track this one.

Went to another farm, set up and about the 10 min. mark we had a double coming in from the next field over.  They stopped at the fence, I put the cross hairs on squeezed the triggers, my curs went crazy and the male came running across the field in front of us, I shot at it (missed) and Andy rolled it.  The 1st one had a death run of 40 yards and rolled up while we were watching the male.  Since it was a running shot Andy had gut shot it pretty bad, when my curs got to it, he ran to the woods.  I took a couple quick pics of the action and shot it with my little 22 mag pistol. (Roi shoke him pretty hard and had blood everywhere)

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

pitw

Good job Brad.  Kinda sorta funny how you guys hunt after we pretty much quit up here. 
I say what I think not think what I say.

Yotehntr

I don't do anything with the pelt's Barry.  Just make the farmers happy.  :biggrin:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

FinsnFur

There's some shots with the boyz!
I love it. Thanks for sharing em Brad. Looks like a fun night
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JohnP

Sounds like fun Brad and thanks for the pictures. 

Like Barry I normally don't kill any after about mid-Feb.  Females are either bred or looking to be bred so I don't bother them unless they are in my grandson's chickens.  Won't get after them again until mid-Sep.  Nothing against anybody that does, it's just something I don't do. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

HaMeR

Cool deal Brad!! You guys are workin em hard!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11