• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

The Howling!

Started by nastygunz, October 18, 2019, 06:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

I've seen a few coyotes trotting around and it has kind of rekindled my interest, I may have to dust the old .223 off  :yoyo:

nastygunz

CZ 527 carbine in .223.

pitw

Ya got all the ingredients, now get the [L] out there for some hero pics. :biggrin:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Whos howler is that nasty?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Mine! Made by Bearmanric!(Rick Robbins).  The vast majority of new predator hunters go with the stereo typical rabbit squeal call when you really need to learn how to talk coyote and bark and howl.

Hawks Feather

I have a 'one of a kind' howler that was a joint project by Rick and Hunt n Carve. Unlike yours, mine sits on a shelf between two Cronk howlers.

nastygunz

Rich Cronk!  I have one of his calls somewhere.  It is hard to compete with the electronic callers nowadays when it comes to hand calls.

pitw

:originalhahaha:     :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:

Quote from: nastygunz on October 20, 2019, 11:57:56 AM
It is hard to compete with the electronic callers nowadays when it comes to hand calls.
I say what I think not think what I say.

JohnP

Hunt n Carve did this one for me.  Came off one of our 4-H steers many years ago. laid out in the weather for a long time and by the time I picked it up it was almost paper thin.  Asked Dave to see if he could clean it up and carve a coyote on it.  Told him I wasn't to concerned if it fell apart or if it was to thin to put a coyote on it after he cleaned it  He is the best....

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

I love those horn howlers. I have a Cronk, Reese, and a Hunt n Carve. They are so easy to make realistic howls with. I put the one Dave made me away in a safe spot and now I cant find it.  :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FinsnFur

Kind of embarrassed because I can't remember who made this one. Cronk and Dave always put their name on theirs, or I thought.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

I think you need to send that howler to me so I can investigate it thoroughly to find out who made it for you, don't worry I will return it promptly  :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:  :wink:

nastygunz

I aint no sissified tech boy!.... :hahaha:😇

Quote from: pitw on October 20, 2019, 01:21:14 PM
:originalhahaha:     :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:

Quote from: nastygunz on October 20, 2019, 11:57:56 AM
It is hard to compete with the electronic callers nowadays when it comes to hand calls.

nastygunz

" Rich Cronk has been calling predators since the early 1980's. His first coyote was called with a cheap tape recorder he borrowed from one of his children. That first coyote was taken on first night out, and on the second stand. It was a moon lit night, and about four inches of fresh fallen snow would make the dark outline of a coyote show up well when it came out into the field after the rabbit he heard screaming.  The strategy was simple.  We stood in the shadows of the treeline while the cheap tape player sat about twenty yards out into the open field. The rabbit had only been singing for a few seconds when the coyote ran up and tried to take a bite out of the tape player. One shot from the ten gauge ended that coyote's career, and started a whole new career for Rich Cronk.  Rich has been hooked on coyote calling ever since that night.

Rich called and killed quite a few coyotes with that old tape player, but it wasn't long before he decided that  fooling coyotes with a mouth blown call would be more of a challenge. Rich's first mouth blown calls were of enclosed reed type long range calls from Burnham Brothers. The coyotes were easy to fool back then, says Rich. "The coyotes came like a dog to a whistle".  A month or so with the Burnham Brothers calls, Rich decided that it would be even more of a challenge if he were to make a call with his own hands and fool the coyotes with it. His first do it yourself call was made from a tine of an Iowa whitetail, and the reed was a JC products cottontail reed wedged inside the drilled out antler tine. That little call worked just fine, and it wasn't long before Rich was making calls for other folks as well.  Sometime in the late 1980's, Rich made the trip to Marble Falls, texas for a visit with the great Murry Burnham. Murry taught Rich how to make the lip squeak sound, and Rich presented Murry with the little deer antler call that he had made. Murry said that the deer antler call "sounds just like a snowshoe".

Rich is now an Internationally known call maker, having made calls for hunters all over the U.S., Canada, Australia and sweden. His biggest passion in life is calling predators. He would rather call coyotes than eat."

Hawks Feather

Quote from: nastygunz on October 25, 2019, 10:39:09 PM
I think you need to send that howler to me so I can investigate it thoroughly to find out who made it for you, don't worry I will return it promptly  :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:  :wink:

Jim,
Don't send it. It is a trick. He just wants your call and you will never see it again. If you do go to try to get it back you will be lost in the hills of the northeast and never heard from again.

nastygunz

If Mr. champion ever found out how good the bass fishing is in these parts hed never go back to the flatlands  :innocentwhistle:🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟

P.S.  Not to mention if he hooked onto a Vermont fur bearing alligator trout and it took him on a Nantucket sleigh ride in his kayak  :yoyo:

FinsnFur

Can you call bass with a horn howler up there? :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers