• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Our Economy

Started by FinsnFur, September 16, 2008, 05:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NASA

nastygunz

SPEAKING OF THE USA DECLINING, HOW BOUT THEM RUSSIAN BLACKJACK BOMBERS IN VENEZUELA?...reading this interesting thread I would like to add something from my work experience as a case manager...I work with and counsel people with disabilities on their benefits and such and 1 thing people dont plan on generally is that as you get older almost everyone has some sort of disability...and I have seen time after time people who have worked hard all their lives and saved money and bought bonds and cds and such experience a medical problem and blow through their life savings like a hot knife through butter...and then have to apply for food stamps....fuel assistance, etc....these are good people who were hard workers all their lives generally...and the 2 edged sword is as long as you have savings or asets you cant get any assistance, so you blow through your savings paying that $10,500.00 a month for prescription drugs that keep you alive...and THEN...when your broke, only THEN...do you qualify for assistance.....I see it over and over....older folks who own their homes....age....one person dies....the other is fighting to keep their home....heat it...not be sent to a nursing home....etc.....it sucks to go and meet an elderly veteran wrapped in a blanket freezing his ass off in his own home because he spent his fuel money on food and medicine and has already received fuel assistance once...it is something we all will face as we age...and it can wipe out your life savings very quickly....just something to think about.

browning204

That IS some sad stuff Nasty!!!!  Our Elderly should be taken care of better. Thats one area where some other countries have an edge on US.
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

nastygunz

Of course if your a immigrant, especially illegal, you get ALL the benefits you can use, a monthly stipend, free apartment, free school, free medical, language classes, etc....gone are the days when my grandpa immigrated here from Sicily and worked as a train man, doorman, laborer, fishermen, to pay his OWN way without handouts, and worked for 6 years before he could afford to bring my grandmother over, raised 7 kids, became a proud citizen after 23 years!!....and always said with pride, America is a great country!, as hed look at the pics of all 4 of his sons who were WW2 vets.....but hey if your an illegal immigrant you dont need to do any of that boring old stuff...and if your a criminal..even better you can get a free college education ..WHOOOOOOOO-HOOO.... :madd: :argh:

pitw

Gold has pretty much the same value through history.  The romans and early egyptians used an ounce of gold the same as us.  It would buy a meal, new suit and a bed for a couple of night's.
   I have everything paid off and grow all my own food so I will not starve.  Only problem would be to make enough to pay taxes on my land so the government doesn't get it too.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Bopeye

I will never live in a cage. They may come to take my house, property or whatever, but they'll have to TAKE IT!! I for dang sure won't hand it over to them. That's where the second amendment right comes in. Oh sure, they'll get me, but they'll have to EARN IT. Hopefully I'll have just enough blood left in me to shoot them a bird as they take my stuff.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

I'm thinking about just getting fired from my job, starting smoking a lil crack, quit mowing my lawn, fall behind in my property taxes, and file for welfare. :shrug:

Think about it.  We take a piss test and get run through the wringer when we apply for a new job or another job to attempt to better ourselves.
The folks in town living in run down trailers with blue tarp roofs, selling crack to support their habits get a check every month without the piss test. :wo:

In other words, if your useless we'll pay your way through life. If your serious about supporting your family, were gonna make sure your your straight enough to support those that arent. :iroll:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

browning204

Quote from: FinsnFur on September 17, 2008, 09:50:01 PM
I'm thinking about just getting fired from my job, starting smoking a lil crack, quit mowing my lawn, fall behind in my property taxes, and file for welfare. :shrug:

HEY!!! ARE YOU TRYING TO BE JUST LIKE ME?????? :laf:
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

Bopeye

That would be funny if it wasn't so dang true!!  :madd: :rolleye:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

NASA

Bopeye, this situation puts a lot of pressure on you and folks like you with a family at home, that are depending on you to make the right choices.   My 6 kids are grown and making their own decisions.  Same for the EX, she's on her own, too.  So it's just me, and I'm still worried that my 401K won't be worth anything to support me in my "Golden Years".   You're right though,  joking about it doesn't pull our azzes out of the fire.

possumal

I don't have the figures in front of me, but unless my memory is failing bad, gold took a tremendous increase in value about 1981. I know a guy in Lexington, Ky. who made a small fortune buying and selling gold then.  Look at the light side guys, John McCain just said on national tv that our economy is fundamentally sound.  We surely don't have anything to worry about. :argh:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Rich

I heard on Fox news last night that our Federal Government has bailed out some more financial institutions . It is the largest Government bail out in the history of the United states.
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

blackfish

Yeah ,try a" 700 BILLion Bail out!"   I can do 6 grade math , but I have to Wonder if some of our Great Leaders Can!!There's no question on Who's going to have to pay this back!This just frost my shorts.  :madd: Wonder what happen to term limits that the people of this country wanted put in place  years ago???
You don't never wanta do no assumtin' !
            Henry Frapp