• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Getting the boat ready

Started by msmith, March 05, 2024, 07:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msmith

So now that the weather is breaking, I got all of the stuff stripped off my boat from duck season. Then I got in trouble when I went to Cabelas and accidently bought a new trolling motor.  :innocentwhistle: This Thursday I may accidentally pick up a free livescope.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

bigben

aint nothing like going to spend a 50 dollar gift card from christmas on a 500 dollar item and then justifying it in your head.  lol. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

remrogers

Quote from: bigben on March 06, 2024, 06:51:55 AMaint nothing like going to spend a 50 dollar gift card from christmas on a 500 dollar item and then justifying it in your head.  lol. 

The hard part is justifying it to your wife.

msmith

I never really try to justify it to myself or my wife, I just get what I want and suffer the consequences. How did Brad Pitt put it in Inglorious Bastards? "I've been chewed out before."  :eyebrow:
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

FinsnFur

I just wanna know who has the free livescope  :laf:  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

The secret is to accumulate so much hunting and fishing equipment that the wife is overwhelmed and can't tell if you got something new or not. The same theory applies with guns.  :eyebrow:

* pay cash.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 06, 2024, 10:13:22 PMI just wanna know who has the free livescope  :laf:  :laf:

I want in on that line too.

msmith

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 06, 2024, 10:13:22 PMI just wanna know who has the free livescope  :laf:  :laf:

Welp, with the Cabela's points I had, I got triple points when I got the trolling motor and $125 gift card. That gave me almost $500 in points and cards. Then I sold my little 2 man boat for $500 and caught the Garmin LSV32 on sale for $999 + 10% for using my card. This made it basically free as far as the missus is concerned. At least that's my story.

Doesn't happen often, but the planets lined up for me this time.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

FinsnFur

Well played Mike. Well played  :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather