• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Great Trapping/Wilderness Video

Started by KySongDog, October 06, 2013, 11:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

If you like trapping and wilderness videos I suggest you take a look at:   "Happy People: A Year in the Taiga"   

The photography is amazing.  The film maker follows a Siberian trapper through out the year.  You'll see how he makes home made traps, runs his line and lives away from home for 6 months in total solitude.  It is on Netflix streaming if you have that service otherwise it may be at a local video store.   Great movie.

With Happy People: A Year in the Taiga, Werner Herzog takes viewers on yet another unforgettable journey into remote and extreme natural landscapes. The acclaimed filmmaker presents this visually stunning documentary about the life of indigenous people living in the heart of the Siberian Taiga. Deep in the wilderness, far away from civilization, 300 people inhabit the small village of Bakhtia at the river Yenisei.

There are only two ways to reach this outpost: by helicopter or boat. There‘s no telephone, running water or medical aid, The locals, whose daily routines have barely changed over the last centuries, live according to their own values and cultural traditions. With insightful commentary written and narrated by Herzog, Happy People: A Year in the Taiga follows one of the Siberian trappers through all four seasons of the year to tell the story of a culture virtually untouched by modernity.

KySongDog

So no one else has ever seen or even heard of this movie?      :wo:    Maybe the advertising was a little on the skimpy side for its release.    :laf:

FinsnFur

I've not heard a thing about it, but you sure got my interest.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JohnP

Your post was the first for me.  We don't have Netflix, what is it?  Something you can get over the internet?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Coulter

I watched this movie last year. Very interesting to see how methods and primitive way of doing things. I actually watched the whole thing on my computer though. I just checked to see if I could find it again and apparently it has been removed from the old site due to copyright infringement. Very cool movie to see though, well worth it.

Steve

KySongDog

Quote from: JohnP on October 09, 2013, 12:17:47 AM
Your post was the first for me.  We don't have Netflix, what is it?  Something you can get over the internet?

Netflix is an internet based movie and tv show streaming service.  Probably the largest in the world.  A high speed internet connection is needed to get the best experience with it.  Here is a link:

NETFLIX

Hawks Feather

I hadn't seen or heard anything about it.  I don't have Netflix but if I get the DVD or watch it on TV I would.

Jerry

KySongDog

Jerry

You might check your local video stores.  They may have it for rent.  Our local Family Video store has it.