• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Getting traps ready

Started by clousewt, September 09, 2007, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clousewt

I just got done waxing some traps, I cant wait to get out and get them set. I know it has been hot but I cant wait to do some trapping. I got a buddy that has  been having alot of raccoons getting into his corn. I am gonna try to catch a few. I also might make some sets for some fox. I have been seeing alot of them this year. I am gonna try some cubby sets. First time to try them but I have read volumes on how to do it. Tom

FinsnFur

Take your camera.
Were going to have to start an album of trap pics :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

keekee

I had all mine done and ready to go, but I bought a bunch and traded for some this weekend and looks like I will be dragging the stuff back out again! :biggrin:

I bought some double long spring #2's don't know if I will use them like they are or take one side off and use them for muskrats. I just hate the extra digging to use them as is. Just to good of a deal to pass them up.

Brent

Drifter

Those #2 dbl traps are OK for coon if drown them . I wouldn't use them on fox or yotes myself . They are too sharp with the thin metal in them for my liking .

I use a modified # 2 Bridger when I am worried about loosing my Jake traps . We have almost no fox in my area now but pleanty of coyote .

Drifter