• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Yesterdays Hunt

Started by JohnP, November 07, 2013, 01:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Got up feeling pretty good, no aches and pains so decided to go calling.  Picked up the 22-250 and some ammo, plus all the other "stuff" and put them in the blazer.  Went in and poured a cup of coffee and decided to leave the 22-250 at home and take the .223.  Switched them out, locked the safe and headed out.  First stand I had a hard time loading my little Sako,  seems when I switched rifles I didn't bother to switch ammo.  Thought what the heck I just turn the caller on and see what comes in, couldn't get the darn thing to turn on.  It appears that most e-callers will only work when they have batteries in them, think they could remedy that little problem.  Packed up and went into town for breakfast.  At least they were opened and the food was good.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

possumal

Dang John P, that was several revoltin' developments all in one day.  Hope you had a good breakfast.  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Hawks Feather

Hey John,

If you got to enjoy breakfast it wasn't all that bad of a day.  As for the other small stuff - don't sweat the small stuff. 

Jerry

Dale

as soon as I saw you switched rifles I figured you forgot to grab different ammo, and no batteries...  when I'm going out I have ammo for all rifles that I could take, then leave it in the back of the Explorer... what no mouth calls?... got them in the car all year round...   :biggrin: 
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

weedwalker

You should have just lip squeaked 'em in close John. I know you had a .45 on your side. :eyebrownod:

FinsnFur

Quote from: weedwalker on November 07, 2013, 06:04:20 PM
You should have just lip squeaked 'em in close John. I know you had a .45 on your side. :eyebrownod:

:alscalls: :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Reminds me of the time I went bow hunting, got up at 0 dark 30, drove 30 miles, got out of the truck and then realized I forgot my bow.   

Went back to town and did the breakfast thing like you.

nailbender

:hahaha: Mama always said there'd be days like these!  Glad the breakfast was good!  :laf:

Okanagan

Quote from: Semp on November 07, 2013, 08:59:16 PM
Reminds me of the time I went bow hunting, got up at 0 dark 30, drove 30 miles, got out of the truck and then realized I forgot my bow.   

Hey, I did that as well!    Fortunately, my newly wed wife had come along to keep me company so we went for a hike and then out to dinner.

John, I like your style.  There are times for a stubborn effort that exhausts every option, but it takes wisdom to know when a wiser course is to walk away from a messed up situation and go do something else.   At my age, I'd have enjoyed breakfast with you as much as a calling stand.   :biggrin:

JohnP

Quote from: weedwalker on November 07, 2013, 06:04:20 PM
Quote from: Dale on November 07, 2013, 05:40:33 PM
as soon as I saw you switched rifles I figured you forgot to grab different ammo, and no batteries...  when I'm going out I have ammo for all rifles that I could take, then leave it in the back of the Explorer... what no mouth calls?... got them in the car all year round...   :biggrin:

Dale I always have one of Ernie's calls in the vehicle, just didn't want to walk back and get it. 

Ed I did have my .45 but I use it for two legged coyotes, not four.

Breakfast was good, biscuits & gravy, hash browns and two eggs over easy.   
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

HaMeR

I'm glad you got out & was feeling good enough to do so Mr. John!!!!   Congratulations on a fine morning!! :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11