• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Knee Replacements

Started by riverboss, May 05, 2019, 07:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riverboss

Nasty thanks I'm in ky, my house is already handicapped ready I did that last yr.
I don't know if my state will allow me to drive with the hand controls or if I will need them! I hate having to have people do stuff for me.
They are relatively cheap to buy and install.

Sent from my Vivo XI using Tapatalk

riverboss

I totally agree johnP I can do therophy just a few miles away but it's very poorly run!
I want to get the best I can get and that's about 20 miles away.
My wife is able to drive she just won't! If she did she still couldn't get out of the van without help.
That's what sucks I won't be able to lift her scooter and load it for her.
I will work it out its just going to take alot of help.

nastygunz

Usually they can help with things like a scooter lift for your wife also and if she needs in home help while your recuperating. Everybody gets some disabilities as they age, and I tell people if you can use the help, take it. I would rather see my tax dollar help you then some welfare queen with 10 kids by 12 different guys😇. The choice of course is yours:

https://silc.ky.gov/Pages/Centers-for-Independent-Living.aspx

riverboss

Thanks

nastygunz

JohnP

And have a cold beer..........
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

HaMeR

When Dad was 74 he had a total knee replacement. He was light bowling after 8 weeks of strict PT. He's 90yrs old today & I can just about keep up with him now.

Moral of the story is your Drs don't always lie. If you'r gonna put your life in his hands you may as well put your faith & belief in that same person that got schooled for 6yrs to take care of you. Everybody recovers at a different rate/pace. If being a Dr was easy hell we'd all be one.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

riverboss

Got them done this morning! Very painful.

nastygunz

Geezus!... Well I hope you have a good fast recovery!

riverboss

I need a grease gun! These things are tight and stiff.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: riverboss on July 27, 2019, 11:37:47 AM
I need a grease gun! These things are tight and stiff.

You mean they didn't install the grease zerks when they did the surgery?  I opted not to have them installed since they were an extra $500 per zerk and weren't covered by any insurance.   

riverboss

No they told me these were sealed unites that didn't need lubed ever!

Maybe it my alignment!

riverboss

17 days and doing ok, pain and swelling starting to get better.
Cabin fever setting in though.
Dr says things are going  good so far and that if I think I can drive go for it. Doing both knees at the same time should really be considered hard, it a very rough surgery and shouldn't be taken lightly.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: riverboss on August 02, 2019, 04:04:55 PM
Doing both knees at the same time should really be considered hard, it a very rough surgery and shouldn't be taken lightly.

Yea, I only had one done and that was enough for me.  I am just glad I didn't need both done at the same time.

Frogman

Hang in there , Dan!  Won't be long before I need mine done.  Especially the left one!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

kyfuzzyface

Hey Dan how it going with the knees
Fuzzy

riverboss

It's going pretty good, therophy is hell!
I've had alot of swelling that alot of people don't have it makes getting your range of motion back alot slower.
Physical therophy is the most important thing you can do, without it you will never get better.
The pain is gone except pain from the surgery itself and I'm glad I got them done.
But doing both of them at the same time is hell and should really be thought threw.
Linman Steve  did one and is doing great, they tell me I'm right on track but man it gets old because with both you really don't have a solid or halfway solid leg to stand on.
Expect 2 weeks of nothing but ice and medicines but after that it start improving.
I'm 5 weeks out and have been driving for a couple of weeks and have went from a walker to crutches and now a cane.
The best thing I did was buy a used lift chair I slept in it for a week and a  piss jug is worth it's weight in gold.
Good luck when you do yours and if you need anything or have ant questions just give me a shout.

Frogman

Hang in there, Dan!!  Sounds like you are doing well!  You will be out and about in no time !
Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

JohnP

The worst is over, just keep doing your PT and you'll be running a marathon in no time. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

riverboss

I can see the difference everyday, when it's all over I'm going to be happy I did both at the same time! But it's a very painful and time consuming journey, my wife's disability makes it harder as I don't really have any help.