• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Moose found a ramp

Started by pitw, November 19, 2019, 07:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

Got up this morning thinking I should go and actually shoot a moose for some fodder instead of just looking around at neat stuff.  Phoned the dropper to see if he wanted to come and he declined saying his bed felt to good.  So I drive into town[hamlet] to pick up another old bud, as I drove to his place I hadda drive by droppers and I noticed a truck owned by a very nice girl[you met her in one of my bale hauling tales].  I had spotted a couple 4 moose headed into one of my spots so we went there first.  Spotted and stalked [not very far] this female.

This one hung around to see where her bud was going.

Bud who was going to feed cows stopped in.

Called dropper again and him and a bud showed up to help get it looking like this and was done by 11am.

Tomorrow we will cut and wrap, then eat. 
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Dropper was busy :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:

Nice Moose!
How many pounds of raw meat do you get roughly from one moose? Right off the carcass.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Now THAT is the way to make meat!

Hawks Feather

Barry, You make everyone feel like their deer are small when you have to hang a moose from a front end loader to skin it out.  Just for that (and in keeping with the dumb-a-crats mind set) you need to send all of us some of that meat.  We didn't help you at all, but give us the moose.  (O.K. rant over.)

That is one nice looking slab of meat hanging there.  I have only had moose once and that was many years ago, but from what I remember it was both tasty and tender.

pitw

Jerry the moose in my opinion is the best eating of the ungulates.  I've had really really good elk but moose is consistently good.  Of course how you handle and cook the things makes a huge difference.  I expect this moose to give me about 200 lbs of eatable meat and a bigger cow would be near double that.
I say what I think not think what I say.

riverboss

Very nice! 200 pounds of meat sounds like a freezer full.

Sent from my Vivo XI using Tapatalk

bambam

Yotehntr

Awesome! That’s a freezer full
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

HuntnCarve

Congrats Barry!  Did you shoot her with a unique firearm?  What ever you used it got the job done! :congrats:

Dave