• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My LBL Hunt

Started by DirtyDog, February 03, 2008, 04:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDog

Wow,

Looks like I am the first to post since gettin home.  :biggrin: Well, My calling partner and I got there around 1 ish on Friday, got situated, and headed out. We made several good stands and walked several miles, but did not see anything except turkey and deer. Got back to the camp, met back up with everyone, felt like seeing old freinds. Good times for all those who missed it.  :rolleye: So now comes Saturday morning, on our first stand, someone beats us to our spot, so we have to move and try to come up with a new plan since the one we had went in the crapper.  :argh: Well, we went down the road a bit and jumped on an trail that cut into the woods and got to moving. On our second stand, after about 30 seconds of Brad calling, I hear this rustling in the draw in front of us, I wasn't even totally situated, and I think it is just a deer spooking off. Next thing I know, a coyote comes barrelling out of the woods and stops and stares at me at a close 25 yards. I kinda move my sticks up and over and pull the trigger, and clean missed that thing.  :doh2: After a long hike and more dry stands, it was time for lunch. After lunch, we went to a place where Roundman and I had hunted last year, and once we got close, we see a section of a hill top, that had been devistated by what looked like a tornado. I said man that looks like some good cat habitat. So we drive down to the bottom of the hill and get the shotguns out this time in hopes for a cat. After a few dry stands, we get to a creek bed that was pretty thinck, and we say what the heck. I started calling on the "Bills Custom Call" and on the third series, I see a cat coming down the hill. He moves about 25-30 yards, and the old Remington 870 did it's job. After a few more dry stands, its was time to figure out what to do with the cat. I decided that I wanted it mounted, so we drove into town, bought a small cooler and some ice and packed it up. Then we headed back to camp for dinner and the drawing of the donations. There were a lot of different things there, thanks to all who donated.  :congrats: After sleeping in this morning, we pretty much ran out the door. Boy did we find us a honey hole. All of our sets were dry, but on our last set, we started heading back, and found a yote had busted us, and marked his territory on our trail.  :madd:

All I can say about this years hunt, was that it was good to see some old freinds, and good to make a few new ones. It was a great time and I am already looking forward to next year.

FinsnFur

Quote from: DirtyDog on February 03, 2008, 04:33:42 PM

I'll have to post the pics later, Photobucket is being funny right now.

Ahhhh Bull!.....c'mon get with the program.  :biggrin: :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

DirtyDog

Ok...ok...they're posted.  :whew:

Jimmie in Ky

And I was afraid he wouldn't tell folks what the coyote thought of his calling. But he wasn't specific enough.  The coyote said he was full of crap  :eyebrownod: Jimmie

DirtyDog

Your half right Jimmie.......something was full of crap........my shorts after that incident.  :roflmao:

coyote101

Congrats DirtyDog.  Glad you made it home safe.
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

Sunufagun Joe!! Your 1st Cat too!!! It's been a good last couple weeks to you with all the downed pork & your 1st coyote hasn't it?? Way to go buddy!! I'm happy for you!!  :congrats: :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

DirtyDog

Glen, I really have had a great season all around. Fisrt deer with a compund bow in November, first coyote in December, fisrt hog in January, first bobcat in February, and I am hoping for my first turkey in March.  :biggrin:

Hawks Feather

With all those firsts, you should buy a lottery ticket.  Sounds like your luck is riding high.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Joes first cat! :eyebrow: :yoyo: :highclap:

Watch this guy folks  :eyebrow:  I'm telling ya Glen Guess wasn't even this far along before he came out with his own video and joined someones prostaff  :laf:

Nice job Joe....That cat has got some awesome colors to it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Troy Walter

DirtyDog

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 03, 2008, 09:18:12 PM
Joes first cat! :eyebrow: :yoyo: :highclap:

Watch this guy folks  :eyebrow:  I'm telling ya Glen Guess wasn't even this far along before he came out with his own video and joined someones prostaff  :laf:

Nice job Joe....That cat has got some awesome colors to it.

Nah.....I am just having fun right now Jimbo. And you are right, the colors on that thing are really cool. I can't wait to get it back from the taxidermists.  :eyebrow:

iahntr

Congrats Joe!!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Pretty little sucker too!  :highclap: :congrats:
Scott

Yotehntr

I thought you said the yote was to close so you gave him a warning shot  :roflmao: just kidding Joe had a great time hunting with you this weekend. Was great putting faces with names this weekend, can't wait to do it again.
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

DirtyDog

Quote from: Yotehntr on February 03, 2008, 10:10:11 PM
I thought you said the yote was to close so you gave him a warning shot  :roflmao: just kidding Joe had a great time hunting with you this weekend. Was great putting faces with names this weekend, can't wait to do it again.

Yeah.....that's what I meant to say. :doh2:

:roflmao:

kcb346

MEEEOOOOWWW, Sweet cat!! :biggrin:
Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, and thats why it's called the present.

keekee

Congrads DD! You have had a good year!

Brent