• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

It's Almost Time.....

Started by weedwalker, January 19, 2008, 01:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

For the LBL. I've got my 17 HMR sighted in at 300 yds and my .410 pump ready to go. A deadly coyote combo. Still lookin' for Dead Coyote for the .410 though. :yoyo:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CCP

I hear you Weedwalker. I was thinking of moving up from the .22short to the 17 hmr but I am afraid of tearing the hides up with that round. :wink:

I could not find the .410 Dead Coyote loads but I did find another load made by the same CO. :biggrin:

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Bopeye

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  What an arse......... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

RICHARD AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!  :laugh2: :laugh2: :yahoo:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

:roflmao: Who the puck is this guy?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

keekee

coyotehunter_1

Weedwalker,
Yep, that should work just dandy.  :wink:
Ya' got the air rifle sighted in @ 200 yet ?  :eyebrow:

Got t'a get me some of that dead critter shot for my Mossburg 410 super coyote slayer!

Hey CCP,
You may also want to take a look at the 17 HM-2  (Hornady's 22 Stinger long rifle rimfire cartridge necked down to 17 cal.)
"If you do your part"....  "using  proper shot placement "....  "within the effective range of this cartridge" you can take anything from small mices to large eleflumps.... "all day long".

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

weedwalker

Quote from: coyotehunter_1 on January 19, 2008, 12:37:14 PM
Ya' got the air rifle sighted in @ 200 yet ? 
Chet,
I thought I had it, but when I got home from the range I couldn't remember if I pumped it 8 times or 10.  :confused:

You may also want to take a look at the 17 HM-2  (Hornady's 22 Stinger long rifle rimfire cartridge necked down to 17 cal.)
"If you do your part"....  "using  proper shot placement "....  "within the effective range of this cartridge" you can take anything from small mices to large eleflumps.... "all day long".

I bet with a head shot at 30 yds, it would drop a coyote in it's tracks. :wink:

CCP, that load will probably be OK. I'll just have to call them in a little closer. Then push them out a little to shoot. :biggrin:

KySongDog

Quote from: CCP on January 19, 2008, 09:30:51 AM

I hear you Weedwalker. I was thinking of moving up from the .22short to the 17 hmr but I am afraid of tearing the hides up with that round. :wink:

I could not find the .410 Dead Coyote loads but I did find another load made by the same CO. :biggrin:

"Dead Mice".........BWAAAAAAA!!!!  LMFAO!!!    :roflmao:   :roflmao:

coyotehunter_1

QuoteYou may also want to take a look at the 17 HM-2  (Hornady's 22 Stinger long rifle rimfire cartridge necked down to 17 cal.)

QuoteI bet with a head shot at 30 yds, it would drop a coyote in it's tracks.

Weedwalker.... You would win that bet.
Although I would never recommend the HM-2 as a coyote cartridge I know from experience that it is possible (even out to the 50 yard range).  :wink: :biggrin: 
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.