• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Okanagan!

Started by nastygunz, August 19, 2020, 02:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Yikes!  Thanks for posting that, as I had not heard about that fire.  I have a friend who lives out of town a bit from Okanagan Falls, where this fire is.  The pics look like just uphill from his place.  I will check on him. 

That is dry, dry pine country with a bit of sage.  It is bighorn sheep and mule deer habitat, plus lots of rattlesnakes, one of the only places in Canada that has rattlers.

pitw

Actually we have rattlers in Alberta and some dumb SOB made them protected.  Didn't protect them from me though.  They are South of me so I rarely see them but when I do.
That fire looks like a dandy and I'm surprised with the heat we been having that Alberta hasn't ignited yet.
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

nastygunz

We get some really big old timber rattlesnakes here but you very rarely see them they stay right up to the very top of the Mountains.

Okanagan

Early yesterday my friend had not been evacuated and his place is still OK.  Only problem would be if the wind really picks up in the wrong direction.  He said that there are two roads between him and the fire, which the fire department works at making fire breaks.

JohnP

Hoping your friend makes it through this okay.  We have gone through a devasting forest fire here and had to evacuate, we were out of our place for ten days.  Fire destroyed and burned everything on our property except the house.  These gals are awaiting our return near the water bucket and we found a few in the yard who never made it to safety.

When they come for mine they better bring theirs