• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Youth Promotional Hunt Contest

Started by FinsnFur, September 30, 2009, 08:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

awesome shot, GREAT buck, congrats Dante  :congrats: :yoyo:

alscalls

Dante ......Proud of ya man!!!!!!     HECK of a good shot......  And a fine Trophy!!  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

GunDog

Heck of a shot ya put on that monster buck Dante! Good job waiting him out too little dude! The story made it sound like I was there with you  - Congrats to you and your Dad on a fine buck ...  :yoyo: :highclap: :congrats: :highclap: :yoyo:

HuntnCarve

This here's another fine young man that I watched rise up through the ranks and become a fine hunter and sportsman.  Most of all,  I'm proud to call him a friend!  Way to go Dante!  You know I'm really proud of you. :highclap:

Dave

HaMeR

Congratulations on the nice buck Dante!! He looks like a nice thick critter. You made a heckuva shot on that one.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

weedwalker

Very nice buck Dante !! :yoyo: :yoyo: You should be proud of it. :highclap: And a good shot too. :congrats: :congrats:

Spike

iahntr

Super job guys and gals !!  :yoyo:  :highclap:  :bowingsmilie:
Congratulations !  :congrats:   :congrats:
Scott

msmith

Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

golfertrout

bigger then the ones i killed this year, o i havent killed any this year :hahaha:  nice buck :yoyo:

BMD

Congrats to all, great bucks and great stories.

LiL-Hammer

I am Kacee Crawford and this is my entry for the youth contest and on behalf of all of us kids I want to say thanks to all who support and understand the importance of youth hunting.  :biggrin:

This is my story about how I shot my buck on youth weekend at my Dad’s lease.  It was a really great experience that I hope to repeat every year! 

My Mom, Dad, and I all went to my deer stand early in the morning.

When we got in the area, we forgot to turn and go behind the feeder and we accidentally drove up on a buck.   This did not bode well for our hunt.  We continued on and parked the truck in the normal place and walked all the way back to the blind.  This morning was not as cold as the one before but was still a little chilly. When we finally got in the stand we positioned my .243 so that I could make sure I could see the feeder.

At this point, I was tired, anxious, and impatiently waited for the sun to come up, and for the feeder to go off.  When it finally did start running, it was no time before the deer showed up.  They must have been waiting off in the trees and probably watching us the whole time.  The first to show up was a group of four does.  They stayed at the feeder for a long time, grazing on the corn until the bucks started to show up.

Then my Dad saw a deer coming in way off in the distance.  From that far away, he could already tell he was at least a ten point.  Then as he got closer my Dad said he thought he was an eleven point.  I was not sure at this point if I was going to get to shoot.  My best deer had only been a 135 eight point with a kicker.  This was more than I could expect for my Dad to let me shoot.

My Dad had to really look him over close to see if it was my turn!  I knew that if he allowed me to shoot this buck, that it would mean that his season would be over, all before it even started.

He looked him over for about six or seven minutes and then finally, with a smile, he said I could shoot him.

I prepared my gun, my Mom turned the safety off, and then “BOOM”, I shot the buck and the 85 gr TSX found its mark.

The buck ran about 20 â€" 30 yards and went behind some thick mesquite trees where we couldn’t see him for the longest time.  We were not sure if he had already laid down so we gave him about thirty more minutes to see if he would move.  While we waited the other bucks and the does kept running up and stomping at him so we knew he was still in the trees.

We decided that it had been long enough and my Dad got out of the stand to get a look at him from a different angle.  My Mom and I waited while he took his little walk.  Before he got very close, he looked back and said for me to come get your deer.

When my mom and I walked up on the deer my Dad had already given him a good look over and said he was actually a thirteen point.  I was so excited and overwhelmed with emotion. I knew how big this deer was and what my Dad had given up to give me this chance. 

I watched my Dad look at the deer while he called his other lease mates and could just see the happiness in my Dad’s eyes.

My dad then said he had watched this deer for four years. My dad said the guys on the lease named him Baby.

LiL-Hammer

Congratulations to all of the other contestants! It looks like yall had a great hunting experience too!
:yoyo: :biggrin:

Silencer

Great story Kacee and thats a dandy of a buck, CONGRATS !!   :yoyo:

alscalls

Kacee,   Congrats on a deer you can be proud of the rest of your life!!   :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

And also proud, as we all are that you got a dad that takes the time to show you why we love hunting so much... :wink:   :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

Named him "baby?"
That is no baby :nono:

Congrats Kacee on a wonderful harvest :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

LiL-Hammer

BMD

We called him baby because the first time he was seen was four years prior and he was a large 10 for his age with his floppy ear on one side and he was seen two or three times a year after that, no he is a great buck and I am very proud that she took a mature buck that scores 153 4/8.  It is hard to describe the emotions when she walked up on the buck.

LiL-Hammer

HaMeR

Very  nice indeed!! Congratulations!!   :congrats: :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11