• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Great howler by Rich Cronk

Started by possumal, October 02, 2009, 09:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Fellows, I just have to make a post about the new "Mighty Mite buffalo horn howler" that Rich Cronk just made for me.  It is really outstanding, easy to blow and make about any coyote sound you would want to make.   Typical Cronk quality in a dynamite small howler so easy to carry.  Take a look:

Note:  The orange Hi-Liter is 5 inches long, the Zepp's Rattler call is 3 inches long.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

Appears to be a real horn too, verses the molded.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

possumal

You are correct, Sir Jimbo.  He sent me some other type reeds that I could try, but it would take a team of wild horses to pull me away from the reed that is in it. When Cronk tunes one, it is the real deal.  As you can tell, I am really pleased with the quality and performance of this little howler. I am all set up with hand calls and ecallers, but haven't got a gun to hunt with.   Sold my bow so I can't do that either.  I'll just call 'em and get Weed to pour lead at 'em!   :laf: :eyebrownod: :nono: :roflmao:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

weedwalker

That's a good lookin call. I'll have to get up there soon to hear it. I'll even bring my Red Rider back-up gun for you to use. :biggrin:

iahntr

I like it. Nice size for huntin. Might hafta
try one of those. Looks like another excuse to
go visit Rich again.  :biggrin:
Scott

vvarmitr

Quote from: weedwalker on October 03, 2009, 02:42:57 AM
I'll even bring my Red Rider back-up gun for you to use. :biggrin:
:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  Oh Weed, you're so funny! ;yes;

Ol' Rich knows his way around horns! :eyebrow:

Rich

Quote from: weedwalker on October 03, 2009, 02:42:57 AM
That's a good lookin call. I'll have to get up there soon to hear it. I'll even bring my Red Rider back-up gun for you to use. :biggrin:
-------------------------------
I have a Daisy Red Ryder too. It is the only .17 caliber that I own. I have contacted a new source for buffalo horn, so there just may be some more of the small howlers available in near future.
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

HaMeR

:roflmao: @ the Red Rider!!  :roflmao:

I can probably find a Lead Sled for you @ that Red Rider possumAl!!  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Nice howler too.  :eyebrow:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

possumal

As most of you know, Weedwalker Ed Big 13 is one of my favorite people.  Funny as four kinds of snot rolled into a dirt ball too!  :roflmao: :roflmao: But if he don't stop this Red Ryder back up stuff, I may be forced to divulge what he was doing at the time I called a big pair right in on top of him and he couldn't possibly shoot due to certain parts of his considerable anatomy being bare to the chiggers with the breeze tickling parts unknown!  He was wanting me to shoot 'em right over his "Head" and the other extreme, but I was laughing far too hard at his per-"dick"ament.  I'll let him tell the rest of the story like Paul Harvey.  :laf: :eyebrownod: :nono:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

vvarmitr

per-dick-ament   :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

possumal

Yeah vvarmitr, like Steve Martin, "I am one wild and crazeeeeee  guy!"   :laf: :eyebrownod: :roflmao: In fact, last time Weedwalker Ed hunted with me and Chuck, he told Chuck that both of us were downright hilarious, or did he say hillareous.  Somebody is dead on right about Rich Cronk knowing his way around horns, and he aint' too bad on spelling "Red Ryder".  Big Ed's 13 swinging caused him to spell it "Red Rider".  Ummmmmm, Kemo Sabe, you one messed up speller paleface!  Headum to corner of tee pee and put'm on dunce hat.  Wait'm minute, no corner in tee pee.  Me give'm up, losing ground talking to he who walks on weeds and squats in them without coyote rifle too!  :roflmao: :laf: :eyebrownod: :nono: :roflmao:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

LORDDAL

got to go with Possumal on that one Rich makes some mighty fine calls I am the proud owner of one of his Molded horn howlers and all I can say is WOW is that sucker LOUD can make any sound I can dream of and can most likely call em in from 3 countys over well OK maybe not 3 countys over but from a long way off when I first got mine I took it to a friends house and tried it out and he was like WOW man that one is super super loud and the tone is perfect. I never go any where without my Cronk Howler as Logan and I carry All of our coyote gear with us everyplace got a special place right in the front seat of the truck now if I can just kill the yotes with a gun instead of running em over up to 2 now with the big green machine. anyhow back to the Rich Cronk howlers either way you go with either real horn or molded you wont be let down these are AWSOME Calls and I highly recomend them to anyone  :biggrin: :yoyo:

Charlie
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

possumal

The first custom call Rich ever made for me was a cowhorn howler, an absolutely gorgeous horn with great workmanship.  Only trouble with it is that it is so loud I can't use it much around most of my farms.  If I was hunting a lot in the big sky country or some such state, I'd never go out without it.  The little buffalo horn howler, another regular size buffalo horn howler, and my Killer Call have all the volume I can use 99% of the time around central Ky.  I really feel that Rich's attention to detail and his standards of perfection, coupled with him personally tuning every howler or call he makes, puts his calls in a special category.  They seem to get better when blown more , kind of break in.  The tone is truly outstanding.  I think his service is outstanding too, as he modified a beautiful Darrel Gibson crow call for me into a female sounding howler, and it turned out exactly like I asked for.  A+++++ for Rich's workmanship and attention to quality.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff