• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Yellow Jackets won....to say the least.

Started by Bopeye, October 11, 2010, 09:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

The wife and I were mowing and weed eating on Saturday when I notice that she had riled up some yellow jackets. I have been stung by them several times and never had much affect, so I didn't give it much thought and went ahead with my weed eating near them. I was weed eating away when I thought I had got into some gravels and it was kicking back on me. Didn't give it much thought until I realized just how hard they were hitting me. That's when I realized I was being swarmed. They nailed me pretty good, but the one that got me the hardest hit me right between the eyes. I thought he was actually stinging my right eye at first, but soon realized it wasn't....thank goodness. I dropped the weadeater, grabbed my eye and took off running. Didn't even realize I ran into a tree until my daughter told me later and I saw the rather large cut on my right forearm. I stopped in the middle of the yard and my wife started yelling, "Keep going, they are all over you"!! That's when I got mad. I tore my clothes off and started swinging. I must've been quite the site standing there in my front yard, half naked, swinging at an invisible opponent. I'm sure the neighbors don't just think I'm nuts anymore.....they know it for sure now.  :laf:
Well, anyway, here's a couple pics to show you that they won and I clearly lost to the UFC Champions of the Yellow Jacket world.
Be careful out there this year fellas. This year is the most aggressive I have ever seen them.  :shrug: :wink:

This was a few hours after the fight.

This was the next day.
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Bills Custom Calls

Dang Bop you swelled right up did ya go to the Doc for that or just take some over the counter benedryl or something

That happened to Chris one year  here too she was trimming with the push mower run over them then walked through them it was cool enough she was wear a sweater and them suckers got in the sweater and couldn't get out they worked her over pretty good till she got away from them

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

pitw

I've heard on a dry year they are worse and believe it as I've been stung many times but once I got one on a dry year and had to go in for a shot as my throat swelled to the point I was having problems breathing.  Funny about that one was I got what looked like water blisters the size of a pencil all over my body :shrug:.  Glad they only knocked you out of the fight for a while Bop.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Bopeye

My wife called our family doctors nurse, who just happens to be her cousin, and she ordered some Prednisone and Benadryl. I took about a dozen of each on Sunday. Didn't have trouble breathing, but I couldn't see much on Sunday. My wife finally got an idea to tape my eyes up so I could watch some football. Didn't watch much as the Benadryl was kicking my butt.  :eyebrownod:

coyotehunter_1

:shock2: Danged it Bop :sad3:.... I started to call you Saturday but I thought it a might too warmish to be in the woods.  I wish I had now.  :sad:

You need to "bee' more careful this time of year,  those critters get really mean right before first frost. :puke: :sad:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

slagmaker

Dang Bop, you gots to watch those flying stingers.

I got one cought in my helmet when I was riding my motorcycle. NOT FUN! he got me 5  or 6 times before I could get the bike stopped and the helmet off. I got lucky they just hurt like the dickens and I didnt swell up none.

Glad your ok tho alergic reactions from them things can happen as ye get older.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Yotehntr

WOW Bop!!!  Man I hate that for ya...   those suckers can be meaner than heck..  I was pulling a fence post up in my yard one year... my wife was standing behind my truck...  I gave it a yank and saw a swarm come up around her.  I reckon I was out of the truck so quick,  I didn't know how I got there, but I was running behind her knocking yellow jackets off of her with my hat yelling run Vicky RUN!!! Got into the house.... she'd been stung 3 times.  Can't figure out why they didn't hit me....?   I went on a little night time visit with a gallon of gas though.  :wink:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Todd Rahm

Dang ya kinda look like BigBen in that second photo.  :nono: The neighbors oughta be happy you didn't have your AR in your hands when the fly arsenal attacked ya.  :wink:

FinsnFur

Holy crap. I dont know how you seen through those puffy eyes enough to even type that out.
I'm glad it wasnt any worse....Be glad it wasnt one of your kids.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Dayum, Bop.  Looks like ya got jap slapped by Mike Tyson, son.   :eyebrownod:

Like Jim said, be glad it wasn't one of your kids. 

Bopeye

It's funny you guys said, "Be thankful it wasn't one of your kids". That was the very first thought that came to my mind when it happened.  :wink:

Already did the gas thingy Brad. Enjoyed that!  :eyebrownod:
BigBen eh? I guess you could been a lot meaner and said someone like CrimsonAmphibian or someone like that.  :eyebrownod:

Jeb

I do believe this is true on a dry year, have heard that several times also. And also agree with Chet, seems like this time of year they get real pissy ! Glad your bout over this Bop.
                      Jeb

Quote from: pitw on October 11, 2010, 09:29:07 PM
I've heard on a dry year they are worse and believe it as I've been stung many times but once I got one on a dry year and had to go in for a shot as my throat swelled to the point I was having problems breathing.  Funny about that one was I got what looked like water blisters the size of a pencil all over my body :shrug:.  Glad they only knocked you out of the fight for a while Bop.

Carolina Coyote

Them Yellow Jackets are bad news and they can outrun a F-18 Jet, hope the swelling goes down so you can watch the football game this weekend.  cc

HuntnCarve

Dang Bop!!!  Then buggers sure did a number on you.  Glad to hear that you are taking some meds.  The last couple of years I've taken notice that every time I get stung it gets worse in regards to my reaction.  An old fella used to tell me;  "If them bee's was the size of birds, we'd all be dead!"  Heal up buddy!  And be careful in the future.

Dave

George Ackley

HA,ha,HA,ha,HA,ha :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:

in that photo yea look like a fat face Pouting Kids :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:

I WANT SOME CAKE!!!!!!!!!!
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

vvarmitr

Was really feeling pretty sorry for ya then I read this ....
Quote from: Bopeye on October 11, 2010, 09:32:37 PM
My wife finally got an idea to tape my eyes up so I could watch some football.
'bout blew coffee threw my nose.
Didn't happen to get a pix of that didja?  :shrug:
:alscalls:
Did she use duct tape?   :eyebrownod:
:alscalls:
Did it hurt much when she ripped your eye brows out?  :eyebrow:
:alscalls:  :alscalls:  :alscalls:

Sorry there Bopster. Imagination got a little energized w/ the coffee there I guess.  :shrug:
Really & truly I do hope you get to feeling better soon!  ;yes;

alscalls

I been there man......... It hurts........  Feel better Bop.......
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Hawks Feather

Dang Bop that doesn't look good.  You are lucky that you aren't allergic to them or it might have been curtain time.  Keep taking the meds and I hope you get back to normal (no taped eyes) soon.

Jerry

Bopeye

Just in case you want to see the taped up eyes so I could watch a few games. Here it is-------->>

That's a face only a momma could love.  :laf:

George Ackley

Give me cake,,,,,,,,, I want cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:

thats all i see when looking at that photo
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump