Started by snafu, November 14, 2014, 01:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snafu

In the last month. I've heard of 3 area sightings. The hunt is on!  :biggrin:
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

Dave

Go get em!  Wouldn't wanna be that cat!

snafu

Received 2" of snow. It drifted a little. Then started to melt the next day. The 2nd day I covered 6hrs of gravel roads where 2 sightings occurred. Came up empty. Yesterday a friend called me. About another sighting that happened around 10 days ago. Anyway little to no snow left. So I await the next snow.

FinsnFur

I saw a cougar downtown last night
But I avoided her :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nailbender

Good luck Snafu!  Can't wait to see the pics.

snafu

Sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees  :iroll:  Last Winter a blind man could've done as well as I, in finding fresh sign. What I have learned this summer is. These lions traveling on open hilly crop land. Are using the weeded road ditches for travel routes. I do occasionally scan the road ditches. But mainly scan field edges for a cross over.  One sighting a lion ran by a farmer woman & her son from a weeded field slough. These other sightings this summer happened to occur. When a lion ran from one weeded road ditch to another across the roadway.

This winter I'm changing my hunt tactic. From focusing on various focal areas along the river corridor & feeder creeks. Doing a serpentine search pattern. This Winter I plan to drive large intersecting loops. Thus covering many more square miles a hunt. To look for a cross over track.