• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Prepping & Seasoning cast iron Dutch oven update

Started by Okanagan, June 05, 2016, 10:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Wow :huh: I mean ...really, wow. Nice job right to the end. That did seem like a lot of work, but look what ya got now :thumb2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Yep, good for a lifetime-- of my grandkids!  And with these experiments done, the next one doesn't take long.  Last evening I smoothed up my old 10 inch Dutch oven in about 20 minutes including getting out the tools, and then seasoned it in the cool of the night.  Now am anxious to cook my first batch of biscuits in the new one.

Hawks Feather

This reply sort of reminds me of the story of The Little Red Hen.  Hey, I love biscuits and will be more than happy to help eat them.  (For those who don't remember the story, the little red hen and her chicks did all the work to ready the soil, plant, take care of the wheat, harvest the wheat, grind it, and make it in to bread.  Then all the others who didn't want to help with any of the work wanted to eat the bread.  Sort of like things that are happening in the U.S. now.)

Jerry

Dave

I'll play the part of the pig!
Where' my Biscuits  :argh:

pitw

Dang that is a lotta work to be perfect. :whew: :whew:  I just cook [or at least let the wife cook] with what we have. :biggrin:  Bet yours is cleaner. :laf:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

Quote from: pitw on June 26, 2016, 02:10:45 PM
Dang that is a lotta work to be perfect. :whew: :whew:  I just cook [or at least let the wife cook] with what we have. :biggrin:  Bet yours is cleaner. :laf:

I made it seem like more work than it was.  Mostly I worked on it a few minutes once in awhile over a couple of weeks.  Spent more time in places like Harbor Freight and Home Depot looking over grinding systems that would fit inside the pot.  Like I said, I did the second one in 20 minutes.  Kind of like the first time I changed the shocks on my car.  It took me two hours to change two shocks.  The first one took an hour and 50 minutes, the second one took ten minutes.   :biggrin:

As to clean... I count on heat to sterilize!