• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

The fall season begins.

Started by coyote101, October 19, 2019, 12:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaMeR

Many many years ago Dad carried a sling shot & a 45cal ML deer hunting. If he found a deer laying in the heavy brush he would try to setup where he could smack the deer with a marble & get a shot as it stood up or came out.  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nastygunz

When I find them laying down in the heavy brush I just jump on them with my buck knife, that's why it's called a buck knife  :innocentwhistle: :yoyo:

riverboss

What if it's a doe?

Sent from my Vivo XI using Tapatalk

nastygunz

No horns no knife :biggrin:  speaking of that I've been seeing videos on YouTube of these guys using spears to take everything from whitetails to water buffalo so I sent fish n game an email asking them about the legality of taking a white tail or a bear with a spear and they replied and said are you serious? And then answered no !

riverboss

I have been spearing stuff for yrs fish, deer, cows,frogs even ducks and geeze!
Yep if they get close enough to my fork im going to spear it.

nastygunz

I just speared a trophy class ham and cheese omelette  :wink: :biggrin:

riverboss

No pics it didn't happen.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

What the hell happened to this forum 🕵👮

Hawks Feather

Topics change quicker than a quarter horse in a barrel race.

nastygunz

This is a made from scratch thread lol

Okanagan

Quote from: nastygunz on December 03, 2019, 02:25:14 PM
When I find them laying down in the heavy brush I just jump on them with my buck knife, that's why it's called a buck knife  :innocentwhistle: :yoyo:

Speaking of jumping on a buck with a buck knife:  I knew a fellow, now passed, who did that.  He was a gangly tall fellow who looked like the cartoon character Goofy, and he bought himself a new sheath knife one Fall that he was really proud of.  He was hunting with some Native men and someone, maybe him, shot a black tail buck and knocked it down.  He ran to the deer, swung a leg over its back, grabbed an antler and reached around under the neck with his knife to cut its throat.  At that point the buck jumped up and took off running into thick brush, with the man draped over its back and a bunch of Indians whooping for him to stay with it.

I got to know some folks from that village a few years later and at least 3 or 4 men told me that same story, because they knew I knew the man.  I mentioned it to him and he shook his head with a grimace grin and said, “Well, it wasn’t quite like that.”

nastygunz

My uncle had the same experience and wound up getting into a brawl with a deer and it kicked the hell out of him and pissed all over him and then he finally stabbed it to death ha ha.  I believe that was on a night hunting expedition  :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:

Okanagan

JohnP

Quote from: Hawks Feather on December 08, 2019, 07:01:22 AM
Topics change quicker than a quarter horse in a barrel race.

Not all barrel racers use quarter horses, our three daughters used Arabian, Grade and Quarter.  When we asked our son what horse he wanted he replied don't want a horse, want a car.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs