• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Got a Bill introduced Today

Started by alphadog, March 18, 2010, 11:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolina Coyote

My response may have been a little harsh on the man up north and his response may not have been thought out to well either, the point is these guys had got a friendly ear in the Legislator and posted what they were doing on this site ( I think) to get comments and support from Coyote hunters , I have hunted all my life and the older I get the more respect I have for wildlife and do not like to wound an animal when Hunting and try my best for a bang flop, I know that with a properly placed 22 short you can kill a 2000 pound Bull , the point is the Bang Flop zone is much smaller with a 22 and the chances of more wounded Coyotes running around with a bullet wound is going to increase if hunting with a 22. Spotlighting in the past has been a big problem in South Carolina and the Wildlife management People are probably thinking if people are out there with Centerfire they will be shooting Deer and it makes it easy for the Wardens to make a case if he catches some out with a centerfire at night, the people who hunt deer at night are going to hunt at night regardless of any regulation. To get the Regulations changed to support the ethical hunters is do what these guys are doing, get with the Legislators and make proposals. I think they would really appreciate support and mean full comments. I apologize to Pitw he seem like a real nice guy but sometimes I don't think he fully understands Americans especially a Redneck Souther Rebel.
Question: What is your gun of choice for Coyote hunting?

pitw

CC, I as well like one shot demise of any animal I am going to shoot and that is why I hunt moose with my old .243, I've had this gun for 35 years and I know where it shoots.  When shot between the eyes at ranges below 100yds they just don't take another step.  For me where I live it is more butchering than hunting.  I have already stated I wouldn't recommend the .22 for most to hunt with.  The gun I like best for coyote hunting would be the same old 243 but that is cause once again I know it so well.  For fur friendly then I'd have to go to a .22 center fire that has a good velocity to utilize a bullet that will disintegrate upon impact causing massive internal injuries but leaves no exit[22-250].
I say what I think not think what I say.

Jimmie in Ky

One point here is that Hunting the eastern coyote is still so very new to game commisioners and fish and wildlife services. I even see reports touted as gospel by some of our eastern biologist who have not done thier own studies as of yet, nor looked for other sources of information.My own Biologist recently cited and animal rights study on reproduction, in an intervue with a local newspaper.  With this going on your quest for new regs are going to keep hitting a brick wall. You may have to educate your state fish and game commisions as well as wildlife officials.

Most commisions are made up of folks who don't do small game or predator hunting. They worry only about what brings in more revenue for the state, Big game, waterfowl ,  and turkey. We are not a big part of that revenue nor will we ever be. Jimmie

Carolina Coyote

You are so right Jimmie, Reading the regs it is very obvious that little thought was put into Coyote Hunting but with a couple of Senators pushing we may get a little something done. The Wildlife Department in SC has done a great job over the years as when I was growing up there was no Deer or Turkey in our area now there are plenty but at this point I don't think they put much effort into Coyotes. I did hear that they had placed a camera on a Coyote Den in SC and were amazed at the number of Fawns the Coyotes Killed to feed their young, but there are so many Deer in the lower part of the State The Wildlife people may have put the Coyotes out to help curb the Deer population. I found a Den last year just after the Coyotes had left and plan to put a Camera on it in the next few days and see if they are using it again this year. Could be interesting . cc

alphadog

cc, when you pull you cam be sure to keep us posted.  I'm waiting on some good pics. 

COYOTE INC

Way to Go!  Right now I am trying to get Maine to allow hunting coyotes on Sundays.  No one is budging but I am being very persistent!  Glad to know that some Senators listen!  Great Job!  :bowingsmilie:

SCcoyotehunter

Its good to see everyones views on this subject. Just last night in our subdivision the coyotes were howling around 1am. This just shows the impact of hunting these coyotes with less restrictions will cut down on problems arising.
Keep s posted!

COYOTE INC

Yeah, I would love to hear how it ends up!  Best of Luck!  :highclap: