• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

got one! (the rest of the story)

Started by 5 SHOTS, October 16, 2008, 09:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 SHOTS

Jim and I made it out for a few stands yesterday and got this one. We will be going back tomorrow and if we get something I will post a full story. I'm a little pressed for time right now...sorry!

sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

Bills Custom Calls

Congrats on this one and I will whish you good luck for tomorrow cause we like good stories here also  :yoyo: :highclap:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

CCP

Good job Jim and 5 SHOTS  nice looking coyote. :yoyo: Temps still in the high 70's low 80's here noticed the ice on the ground there. What are the temps???

Post an update on tomorrows hunt.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

Nice looking blonde :eyebrow: :yoyo: :wink:

Congrats.

I like that E-caller too :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

browning204

Nice critter and nice caller too!

congrats
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

HaMeR

Cool deal!! Can't wait to hear the rest of the story!!  :yoyo: Congrats!!  :congrats: :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

iahntr

Nice!!  :yoyo:
That's what I was gonna say too,, what's that white stuff in the pic ?  :laf:
Although it didn't feel too far from it this mornin.  :thumb2:
Scott

Frogman

Way to go 5shots.  Did it take you 5 shots??  I bet not!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

yucca

Nice calling. Did you all get a freeze?

KySongDog

Congrats, 5shots!  :congrats:

Nice fluffy tail on that critter.   :eyebrownod:

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

Way to go :yoyo: Nice looking dog.
I say what I think not think what I say.

vvarmitr

:wo: Is that a real Minaska Caller or an imitation?  :confused:  :shrug:         ppffftttt!  :laugh2:  :laugh2:  :laugh2:

Sorry 5shots, I couldn't pass that up.  :innocentwhistle:
Glad you & Jim got out & had some success!  :biggrin:
Looking forward to the story & maybe a few more pix.  :eyebrow:
:corn:

Brad H

Nice one you got there. I'm surprised you guys went out as muddy and wet as it was here.

Or did you find that one beside the road? :biggrin:

Just kiddin' I'm at work so I'm jealous.

Brad

5 SHOTS

I had to go hunting the next day and then back to work so now I can finish the story. We made a quick stand on the way to this place and no takers so when we got here it was just for grins and there were some deer, so I decided to mess with them. We might have been paying too much attention to the deer and not quite enough to the stand, or he just found a sneaky way in, I don't know but he caught us both off guard... Jim's gun was pointed the wrong direction and there he was standing at 110 lasered yards looking at us. I whispered to Jim but knew he had no chance. the coyote was 15 feet from a draw that was freedom. so I leaned slightly to the side and saw he was almost perfect in front of my .17 rem so i looked through the scope and he was already in sight. I had to move the gun less than 1 inch to make the shot! I didn't plan on shooting but I couldn't let him go. He dropped. I looked him over and couldn't find a hole in him anywhere so I might have missed (but don't tell the coyote he thinks he died). He was a male about 25 to 30 lbs and by the time we got to the pickup he was a lot bigger, nice color and pretty good fur. We went out again Friday and made about 5 dry stands then on the last one we had been calling for about 10 minutes when I saw one coming at a dead run from the other side of the state, (about half a mile across the draw) and Jim saw her seconds later. I let the bandit run continuous to keep her running so the adrenaline wouldn't build up too much and at 82 yard she stopped to look and Jim's .243 barked. she did a perfect back flip and Jim looked at me and said "It's bad enough when they just appear, but to watch them come in like that..... sure glad I didn't have to shoot again!" She was about 20 or 25 lbs and better color and fur than mine but the 55 grain ballistic tip made a quarter size hole. :hahaha:

here is Jim's coyote

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

5 SHOTS

Quote from: iahntr on October 16, 2008, 10:29:01 PM
Nice!!  :yoyo:
That's what I was gonna say too,, what's that white stuff in the pic ?  :laf:
Although it didn't feel too far from it this mornin.  :thumb2:

The white stuff is SNOW i guess, the old timers tell me it was here all winter some years.

Frogman, not this time... he walked up in the wrong place, only 1 shot 1 kill, but Brad H can testify I made enough shots in the past to deserve this one.

vv that is THE GENUINE MINASKA BIG COUNTRY right there.  :biggrin:

it was in the 60's or 70's those days but they told me the SNOW don't usually come around when it's that warm and it didn't stay for long either.  :confused:  :shrug:

vvarmitr

:yahoo: An extra story & pix.  :yahoo:
Thanks so very much!  :biggrin:

I know what ya mean about trying to find the hole from a 17Rem.  ;yes;  :laf:

5 SHOTS

That doubles my count for last year now so I don't expect to be hunting and pecking with shaky hands anymore this year but maybe...just maybe.... :biggrin:

possumal

Nice yotes, good stories. Congrats!   :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

That is just SICK! :yoyo:

The good kinda sick  :eyebrownod:  Youuuuuuu know :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers