• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

What's for dinner?

Started by coyote101, October 14, 2012, 07:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

Venison cube steak with milk gravy, fried potatoes and green beans.

Man was that good.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hidehunter

Oh man does that ever look good!!

I had fresh turkey of course
Denver                                           

kyfuzzyface

Fuzzy

iahntr

Scott

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Not something I should have looked at.  I now need to head to the kitchen before I go to bed.

Jerry

Dave

Pat,
how is that cube steak prepared?  I blew that pic up and wow does that look good (all of it, right down to the fine china - but the steak almost looks like General Tso's chicken).  Anyway, I'd like try and cook some like that.

coyote101

Quote from: Dave on January 04, 2013, 02:10:39 PM
Pat,
how is that cube steak prepared?  I blew that pic up and wow does that look good (all of it, right down to the fine china - but the steak almost looks like General Tso's chicken).  Anyway, I'd like try and cook some like that.

Dave,

I take the roasts from the hindquarters and cut off anything that isn't lean red meat. Then use a fillet knife and slice them about 3/8 inch thick and run them multiple times through a tenderizer. (I use a cheap plastic hand cranked Mr. Tenderizer) To cook they are dipped in beaten egg, then in milk and then coated with flour (add salt and pepper if you like) and pan fried in a thin layer of oil. I use olive oil, but you can use whatever you like. This is the only way, other than ground, that my wife will eat venison.

Pat 
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Dave

Thank you Pat.  I'll try it once I get over this flu bug I'm battling and get my taste buds back!