• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

about the third time out this season

Started by slagmaker, May 25, 2015, 10:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

nastygunz

Nice fish, that is some weedy looking water!

slagmaker

Actually I am standing on a Damm and you are looking at the backwater from that impoundment. The smallie is and several rock bass were taken in the tail waters that are behind the camera

nastygunz

I like rock bass on the flyrod they're super aggressive.

slagmaker

Yep rock bass and smallies on my ultra light or my light weight rod are a blast. But there even better on my plate :eyebrow:

nastygunz

I have caught multitudes of smallmouth bass over the years but I have never eaten one, I may have to give that a whirl  :eyebrow:

Okanagan

Quote from: nastygunz on May 26, 2015, 05:43:35 PM
I have caught multitudes of smallmouth bass over the years but I have never eaten one, I may have to give that a whirl  :eyebrow:

They are very good.  They taste like chicken.   :alscalls:   :wink:

nastygunz

I like chicken and all its many forms, Hell, I even like watching them roam around the yard.

Okanagan

Tastes like chicken is a joke within our family.  Seems like when anyone describes some new kind of meat that they say it tastes like chicken.  The snide conclusion in our extended family is that the speaker does not have a very wide range of flavor experiences.  I.e. rattlesnake tastes like frog legs much more than it does chicken.  Coon tastes more like muskrat than chicken.  It was a running joke when I was in Oklahoma recently that any food or recipe that was new to me, my cousin would say, "It tastes like chicken."  Didn't matter if it was poke salad or a variant of strawberry shortcake.

FWIW, be warned about poke salad.  It looks like spinach but tastes considerably better, especially with a sprinkle of vinegar on it, but it gives a small percentage of people diarrhea.  About a half hour after supper I barely made my dash to the bathroom and it cleaned me out so thoroughly I was ready for surgery anywhere in the plumbing system.

slagmaker

Oh man been decades sense I have had poke salad. In fact my grandma is the one who made it and she passed away when I was 16

Dave

Quote from: Okanagan on May 26, 2015, 08:09:00 PM

it cleaned me out so thoroughly I was ready for surgery anywhere in the plumbing system.

Hahaha! 
Anyone that's had a colonoscopy knows exactly what you're referring to!!!

nastygunz

Okanagan

Quote from: nastygunz on May 27, 2015, 06:35:00 PM
Googletime neva hoidono poke salad!

:shrug: 

Found nothing on google but did look up poke and found that the plant is poisonous, especially the stems and later in the year.  Spring leaves are what they picked for my salad greens, and I think that they drain off the cooked liquid to get rid of poisons.  Those southerners are crazy!  No thanks for another helping!