• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Come on over JohnP!

Started by nastygunz, February 03, 2018, 11:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

I got your chair all set up, you might wanna bring a jacket,  :innocentwhistle:

JohnP

Thanks nasty but think I'll stay out here, however your more than welcome to joins us - anytime.  Only expected to reach mid 70's today - cold snap!

Just another day in paradise

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

nastygunz

Ohhhhhh man that grill food looks gooooood!  I have been all over the world and places I've never been but always wanted to go was Texas and Arizona and New Mexico

Okanagan

Y'all got nothing on us.  We had a day like that when the sun was shining bright and it did not rain all day.

I think it was a couple of weeks after Christmas.

That day was so nice I took my wife for a drive up the river with the sun shining on the snow covered mountains all around. Even stopped at a convenience store on the Rez for some fried chicken.   It has rained every day since Christmas otherwise, though on some of them it did not rain all day.  For variety we get freezing rain or some slush coming down.  None of that deep cold for us, nor sunburn, no sirree.

Okanagan

Quote from: nastygunz on February 03, 2018, 04:52:34 PM
Ohhhhhh man that grill food looks gooooood!  I have been all over the world and places I've never been but always wanted to go was Texas and Arizona and New Mexico

Nasty, I gotta remember that line about having been places I've never been.  That is a great one!  :highclap: :nofgr: Reminds me of my river boat friend when I got back from Cambodia and I asked him if he'd ever been there on one of those big rivers. 

John, the BBQ makes me salivate.

nastygunz

I saved the bbq picture haha😇🇺🇸

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

I sent that picture to my brother-in-law who fancies himself quite a barbecue chef and I said you need to step up your game son!  :biggrin:

Dave

JohnP

nastygunz

I allus wanted to pop one of them jackrabbits and slap it on the griddle. We only got obama rabbits, brown half the year and white half the year  :alscalls: :innocentwhistle:

JohnP

Young ones ain't that bad but the older ones are like eating old shoe leather.  I'm sure ya know that they are not rabbits but are hares. So I used a lot of the European recipes when I cook them - which I don't anymore.  I like your reference to obama rabbits and have used it a few times - thank you.   

nastygunz

Ours are actually hares also, snowshoe hares officially.

Okanagan

Quote from: JohnP on February 09, 2018, 09:05:40 AM
Young ones ain't that bad but the older ones are like eating old shoe leather.  I'm sure ya know that they are not rabbits but are hares. So I used a lot of the European recipes when I cook them - which I don't anymore.  I like your reference to obama rabbits and have used it a few times - thank you.

Obama rabbit is a good turn of words!

Ditto re young jack rabbits tasting good but not the old ones.  Growing up in the sage of Eastern WA State we used to hunt rabbits once in awhile and preferred young jacks about the size of a grown cottontail as just right to eat.  They were tender and had the slightest sage flavor to them, very good eating.  The old ones tasted like a sage bush and were about as tough.  We liked the young jacks better than cottontails, which were better than the average jack.  Have eaten snowshoe hares and they always seemed bland.  I haven't shot one in years.   When they snowshoe hares start turning white on years when the snow is late,  they sure stand out.