• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Only catching one or two a day......

Started by coyote101, July 24, 2013, 08:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

.....but they have been pretty nice!

Pat

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

By gawd those are some dang nice ones, your right. How come your only able to get a couple a day. What'ya got going on down there? Weather changes, water levels?

I've been out three times all year due to our devastating floods. :doh2: Things are getting back to normal finally :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Quote from: FinsnFur on July 24, 2013, 09:46:54 PM
How come your only able to get a couple a day. What'ya got going on down there? Weather changes, water levels?

I don't know Jim.  :shrug: We haven't been out too many times but I'm probably averaging only one fish every two or three hours.  :madd: I'm sure a lot of it has to do with skill and technique (or the lack thereof).  :rolleye: The good news is some of them have been really nice.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

Pat,

You are only catching one or two because that size fish EATS everything else.   :innocentwhistle:   Really nice fish.

Jerry

weedwalker

CCP

Nice fish Pat i find myself more and more envious of you every picture thread you post.  :biggrin:

Keep on enjoying that retirement gives me something to look forward too.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Dave

Very nice fish, Pat.  I';m trying to see what you're throwing at them but can't make out anything in the pics.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Dave on July 25, 2013, 05:40:29 AM
Very nice fish, Pat.  I';m trying to see what you're throwing at them but can't make out anything in the pics.

It is one of his secret lures and you know what would happen if he told you. . . . . .

Jerry

Okanagan

Pat, those are dandy fish, and in a gorgeous setting.  I've never caught a bass anywhere near as big as the one in your first pic, maybe not as big as any of them.  Yep, you have the retirement thing dialed in!

Dave

Quote from: Hawks Feather on July 25, 2013, 10:11:23 AM

It is one of his secret lures and you know what would happen if he told you. . . . . .

Jerry
Jerry,
Just had a colonoscopy done this a.m., so I'm not sure what would happen to me if he reveals that secret lure, but i'm ready to roll the dice.

FinsnFur

Quote from: Dave on July 25, 2013, 04:38:15 PM
Just had a colonoscopy done this a.m., so I'm not sure what would happen to me if he reveals that secret lure, but i'm ready to roll the dice.

In other words what could be worse?   :alscalls: :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

coyote101

I'm trying to see what you're throwing at them but can't make out anything in the pics.

Dave,

The one in the first picture was caught on a green Stanley ribbit frog. The second was a Bass pro micro lite on an ultra light Ugly stik. Quite a battle on ultra light tackle. The third was a jointed Jitterbug. The fourth was a chug bug. The fifth an 11 inch purple worm, and the crappie was also the little Bass pro lure.   

Rattlin Chug Bug, Jointed Jitterbug, Bass pro shops XTS micro-lite, 11 inch purple worm. I didn't have a Ribbit frog for the picture:

I really love top water fishing and probably spend too much time with the top water lures when the action is slow. But I'm too lazy to change lures all the time. My wife uses that little Bass pro lure a lot and has caught some very nice fish on that tiny thing. She calls it "Never fail" and I can only recall one time when she didn't catch at least one fish on it while I was getting skunked.

Pat
NRA Life Member

Dave

Quote from: coyote101 on July 25, 2013, 07:25:14 PM

I really love top water fishing and probably spend too much time with the top water lures when the action is slow. But I'm too lazy to change lures all the time. My wife uses that little Bass pro lure a lot and has caught some very nice fish on that tiny thing. She calls it "Never fail" and I can only recall one time when she didn't catch at least one fish on it while I was getting skunked.

Pat
I hear ya.  Before reading your post I looked at the above pic and thought the top two lures look like they'd be a lot of fun.  Love seeing them hit.

KySongDog

Nice fish, Pat!   You do a great job with the pics and explanations.   Makes me want to dust off the old rods and give it a try myself. 

I just need one more thing.............. gps coordinates.    :biggrin:

Todd Rahm

Heck yeah they are nice!!!!  :congrats: Keep up the good work.

HaMeR

Dang them's some nice fish Pat!! It's great to see you out & about & living the high life my friend!!   :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

iahntr

Scott

coyote101

Here is a picture of that Ribbit frog. The nose is usually rounded, but this one is torn up by use:
NRA Life Member

FinsnFur

The ol Stanley Ribbit Frog. That must be a southern thing cause we dont catch much up here with fast top water retrieval lures very often at all.
I can use a buzz bait to LOCATE em, but still  were catching and relying on the little ones to give up the locations when doing so, before moving in with Senko or something.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

coyote101

Quote from: FinsnFur on August 06, 2013, 09:55:37 PM
The ol Stanley Ribbit Frog. That must be a southern thing cause we dont catch much up here with fast top water retrieval lures very often at all.

That's a floating Ribbit frog Jim. I use it a lot like a popper. Rigged weedless it is very hard to get snagged up, which is good for me because my casting accuracy is very poor.  :rolleye:

Pat
NRA Life Member