• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Yak Trax Diamond chains for shoes/boots

Started by Okanagan, January 24, 2022, 12:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Just discovered Yak Trax Diamond traction chains that stretch fit on shoes and boots.  This new-to-me Yak Trax design gets a much bigger and sharper bite of ice without going so far as spikes and cleats.  The chain around the bottom of the shoe or boot is composed of diamond shaped hard links, somewhat like V-Bar on truck chains.  It gets a firm bite of ice without longer spikes to gouge into wood.  Much improved from the original Yak Trax small spiral chains, and much easier to drive with them on than with my Kahtoola micro spikes.

These will be "town wear" shoe and boot chains bought specifically for icy sidewalks.  I will keep my Kahtoola Micro spikes for everywhere off of sidewalks like icy logging roads, snow, slick logs,  mossy slopes etc.

I spotted them in a local sporting goods store yesterday, noticed them online at a considerably lower price last evening and ordered a pair ($36.00).   My apology for not posting a link to Yak Trax Diamond, but posting links is laborious for me so will let anyone interested search for himself.

Re seeing them online:  Somehow the Internet knew I had looked at some in a store and popped them up the first time I checked something else on Amazon.  BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING.

nastygunz

If you’re going to put snow tires on your vehicle you might as well put them on your shoes too!

Coyotes-R-Us

old is the new young

Todd Rahm

I own about 6 pair, and they issue them out to workers on the Alaska North Slope. We tried all kinds of traction devices up there but these seem hands down the best. Easy on and easy off.