• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

What is this 03-31?

Started by coyote101, March 31, 2020, 09:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Theres a lot going on there. :confused:
It looks like the outer rim is separate from the center, which means it's set down in there.
When I first glanced at it, I thought it was the crimped end of a shotgun shell :doh2:
How big is this thing? I'm wondering if there's money inside or if it's protecting an apple pie. 
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Jim,

It is about 1/2 inch across.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

JAWAG on my part but maybe a Ladies hair pin?  I was gonna say a button as my #2 best guess.  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

remrogers

Looks like a fancy cloth button.

coyote101

NRA Life Member

nastygunz

coyote101

Quote from: nastygunz on April 02, 2020, 01:08:20 PM
Winner winner 🐔 Dinner!

I thought you might be the winner, Nasty. Let them know what it is.

Pat
NRA Life Member

nastygunz

I don't really know to be honest it looks like some kind of a military decoration.

coyote101

It is a Medal of Honor rosette.

In the United States, the Medal of Honor is issued with the medal, a ribbon, a lapel pin, and a 1/2 inch light blue rosette with white stars, authorized for civilian wear as a lapel button.

Pat
NRA Life Member

nastygunz

I thought the stars had some sort of military connection.

JohnP

Pat - Have you served with any or know any MoH soldiers?  I would assume you know Mike Novosel, met him for the first time in RVN, he flew a couple of Medevacs for our team, then again at Ft Rucker when I was in the WO Advance Course.  Know a couple from DF and one in the 82nd
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

coyote101

Quote from: JohnP on April 03, 2020, 12:51:48 PM
Pat - Have you served with any or know any MoH soldiers?  I would assume you know Mike Novosel, met him for the first time in RVN, he flew a couple of Medevacs for our team, then again at Ft Rucker when I was in the WO Advance Course.  Know a couple from DF and one in the 82nd

I met Mike Novosel Sr. a couple of times at Ft. Rucker. He spent the last years of his career there, and was frequently a guest at the many functions that take place at the school house even after he retired. Interestingly, when I was in the Advance Course, his son Mike Novosel Jr., also an Army aviator, was in the Senior Course. He and his dad were in the same Med Evac unit in Vietnam where Mike Sr. earned the MOH. Both retired as CW4.

Pat
NRA Life Member

coyote101

Here is a photo of Mike Novosel in civilian clothes wearing his Medal of Honor and the rosette on his jacket:

Pat
NRA Life Member