• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Good News

Started by JohnP, March 29, 2017, 01:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

or even great news.  Doc and physical therapist put me through hell yesterday but the end results are worth it.  My eye to brain to hand coordination has improved from a low of 5% to 35%, they both feel it will get better over the coming months.  Still not allowed to drive and that is something I would not do, at this point, even if they said it was okay.  Doc said it was okay to go the range and calling but had to have close supervision, someone within arms reach.  I don't call at this time of the year so I have until early fall.  I really feel confident that with the PT and the change in my meds will do the trick.  As a matter of fact I feel so confident that I bought a new caller, the Revelation, sounds are great and remote is even simple enough for me. 

If I tried to type this a few months ago it would have taken me at least two hours or more, this only took 45 minutes. 

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Hawks Feather

This is GREAT news John.  Many of us have had you in our prayers.  There aren't enough good words to describe this.  Are you sure you want a Revelation?  There have been some great looking records posted recently.   :biggrin:

Jerry

HaMeR

I'm overjoyed for you Mr. John!! This post is enough to make my eyes sweat a little for you my Friend!! Diane & I wish you the very best thru all this & certainly do appreciate your service!!

My BIL did 2 tours in Vietnam & spent a lot of time in the desert. He was an MP during the Kuwait liberation & after that spent nearly 2 years clearing Russian mine fields in different places. Once he got home for the last time he stayed Stateside til his retirement 7 years ago. A year ago he was diagnosed with something that had to do with agent orange on one foot. He hasn't opened up about it & I don't pry. He will in time.

We are very happy for you Mr. John!!!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HuntnCarve

That is wonderful news John!  Will continue to keep you all in our prayers.  Look forward to hearing that each day is getting better and better.  The coyotes, bobcats and lions have had a time of quiet reprieve.  I think those days are about to end.   :congrats:

Dave

slagmaker

Excellent news!
Here's to continued prayers and continued recovery.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

coyote101

Wonderful news Mr. JohnP.  :biggrin: Praying for a full recovery.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

riverboss

May your good news continue!

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

FinsnFur

Thats great news! I hope this is just the beginning of "good news" posts from you John. Your like a Timex watch, take a licking and keep on ticking. :laf:
I cant wait to hear some stories with the Revelation :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

KySongDog

Great news, John!   Your post sounded like a kid at Christmas. I am happy for you. 

Carolina Coyote

JohnP

Quote from: HaMeR on March 29, 2017, 03:49:27 PM

My BIL did 2 tours in Vietnam & spent a lot of time in the desert. He was an MP during the Kuwait liberation & after that spent nearly 2 years clearing Russian mine fields in different places. Once he got home for the last time he stayed Stateside til his retirement 7 years ago. A year ago he was diagnosed with something that had to do with agent orange on one foot. He hasn't opened up about it & I don't pry. He will in time.

Glen, been wanting to respond to this for sometime  just couldn't get my fingers to work fast enough, would get disgusted with myself and quit. 

I don't know how close you are to your BIL but you need to grab him by the scuff of his neck and drag him to the VA or a private doctor.  The results of Agent Orange is something he should take very seriously.  Had I gone to see a doctor sooner than I did I may not be in the position I am today.  If he will not listen to you tell your sister how he may be in a very serious life altering situation.  Then tell him if he still will not go that there is an old vet out here in the desert who will fly back to Ohio and kick his butt out the door and down the street to the doc office. 

Okanagan

I missed this topic somewhere in my travels and consider it Great news that you have come back so far from 5%.   Can't imagine having my system locked up like that and admire you all the more for how you handle it.

HaMeR

Thank You for taking the time to respond Mr. John. He has been keeping track of it & making regular trips to the VA over it. I do wish you continued success in your recovery & I know we'll see more posts from you soon!! Take care my Friend!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Dave

Really glad to see you're feeling better, John.  Hope the PT continues to improve your health and will allow you to get after some critters with less effort.

JohnP

Folded up the walker and threw it in the trash.  Still having a time with hand to eye to brain but it's getting better.  Had a brain scan last week and to Marge's disappointment they made a liar out of her - I do have a brain. 

P.S.  Making progress, only 35 minutes for this and I'm happy about it. 

HuntnCarve

Great news John!  Keep up the progress.  Hunting season is right around the corner.

Dave

coyote101

Good to hear the update. I guess this means we'll be seeing you at LBL next year.  :innocentwhistle:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing