• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Bullseye, I know what this is

Started by Hawks Feather, May 28, 2019, 02:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

So, unlike the other post, I know what these are.  I bought them MANY years ago and since it was a partial box I didn’t pay the 75¢ that a full box would have cost.  I actually paid many more times than the original box.  But I wanted them, so it was fine (with me at least).  Anyone else have any?

After I am gone the grandkids will probably shoot them.

Hawks Feather

nastygunz

Pretty cool with the NRA logo on them  :yoyo:

Hawks Feather

Quote from: nastygunz on May 28, 2019, 07:29:11 PM
Pretty cool with the NRA logo on them  :yoyo:

They are pretty neat since they have the little wire or the hole to hang them up.  I may have to shoot one sometime to see if they go poof like I think they will or just break apart.

nastygunz

I wonder if back then they had a machine to drill those holes or of some lucky feller got to sit there and drill them each individually.

Hawks Feather

My guess would be that they used a mold like they do for ceramics.

Hawks Feather

I decided to follow Nasty's idea and contact NRA.  This is the reply that I received:  "These are a reactive target dating from about the 1950s. NRA and other outlets sold a lot of them.  There are a lot of them out there.  We see a lot of them at older house auctions and estate sales.  But folks discovered NECO wafers were cheaper and biodegradable, and “Bustible Bullseyes” went away."

FinsnFur

Never seen those before. Now thats pretty cool :biggrin: :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JohnP

"After I am gone the grandkids will probably shoot them"  - You going someplace?   

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

nastygunz

I bet those would be fun to shoot skeet with my 22 Long rifle smoothbore and my 9 mm FloberT.

https://www.southcoasttoday.com/sports/20170624/marc-folcomoskeet-would-be-fun-shooting-game-to-resurrect

Hawks Feather

Quote from: nastygunz on June 02, 2019, 06:16:43 PM
Vacation?.... :innocentwhistle:

That would be the permanent vacation where they scatter your ashes.

Carolina Coyote

Yea I like those thing and will see where I can get some. cc

Hawks Feather

I just checked ePray and there is a box with 9 targets for $19.99 plus $7.85 shipping, a full box for $49.99 plus $10.50 shipping, or you can get 5 targets for $13.95.