• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

PMR 30

Started by riverboss, June 19, 2012, 11:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riverboss

Anyone have or shot the Keltec PMR 30 22 mag pistol? m interested in one and im looking for someone who has shot one, ive watched the videos on youtube and i like them just looking for other opinions.

FinsnFur

Not me, but they DO got some good reviews dont they :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

riverboss

Yes they do Jim, I  want one bad but they are hard to find and the price is very different from place to place. I think it would be a great gun to carry hunting if something comes in close.

FinsnFur

What are you finding for prices? Based on the Kel-tec's list price I would bet you could get one from a retailer for $300 to $350 maybe cheaper.

When I bought my Kel-tec P11 I couldnt find anything either, so I walked into my local gun shop which is also my favorite bait shop :eyebrow: and told them to order me one.
He said it'll be here in two days, you can have it on the third. :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

riverboss

Jim ive seen them from $299.00 to $500.00 they had suspended manufacturing a year or so ago to do some rifeling changes, it was keyholeing and the are very far behind on orders and people are taking advantage of that with pricing. Im going to check tomorrow at my gun shop and see what he says.

FinsnFur

Yep, good move. Let me know what they say.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

riverboss

Jim it looks like if he could find one it would be about 340.00 but he has been t arying for over a year and refuses to give in on the price gouging going on. So it looks like i will hold off for awhile, but he has got me looking at a cz 512 22 mag semi auto rifle.

FinsnFur

What'ya mean by price gouging though?
You mean he wants more profit then the others are getting so he refuses to be competitive?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

riverboss

No when he does find one they are usualy at a show and he knows what they are supose to cost and wont pay as much as they are wanting. Usualy a few hundred mark up at the venders because they are hard to find and he knows his customers wont spend it.

FinsnFur

I'm going to ask my guy, just for giggles. What do you think their worth, $340 then?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

riverboss

That is what his books say he can buy one for, but they are always out of stock when he trys. Ive seen them for 5-6 hundred used i like them but not that much.

FinsnFur

Let me see what this guys says he can get one for.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

KySongDog

I happened to be in my favorite candy gun store the other day when *one* just arrived on the delivery truck.  I've been looking for one for almost 3 years now that wasn't priced to the high heavens.  So this titanium finish version came home with me.  I haven't shot it yet.  It is extremely light weight at about 13 ounces, 19 fully loaded with a 30 round mag.   The trigger is very light and not at all like other Kel tec triggers on their center fire handguns.  After I get it out to the range I'll report on how it shoots.   

stock photo:

HaMeR

Man I really want one of those!! Nice grab KY!!!!!!!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nastygunz

I been seeing em on armslist for 500.00, and read about them having issues, i decided to pass on them.

nastygunz

Next Item »
FOR SALE: KEL-TEC PMR30

Price: $ 500 Seller: Private Party Account:Registered on 3/10/2014 Listings by this user
Listed On:Wednesday, October 15, 2014Listed In:HandgunsLocation: Snh, New Hampshire, United States - Map
Manufacturer: Kel-Tec Action: Striker Fire Firearm Type: Pistol Flag |  Edit | Favorite
Gun is new, one mag ran thru it because I couldn't help myself, comes with all factory gear, price is firm.

nastygunz

« Previous Item | Next Item »
FOR TRADE: NEW NEVER FIRED PATRIOT BROWN PMR30

Price: OFFER Seller: Private Party Account:Unregistered Listings by this user
Listed On:Tuesday, September 23, 2014Listed In:HandgunsLocation: nashua, Nashua, New Hampshire - Map
Flag |  Edit | Favorite
Wanna see whats out there, id like to trade my gun which is new never fired and rare. whatcha got? im open to all guns
WILL TRADE FOR:

FOsteology

KySongDog

Nasty
The PMR 30 has gone through several upgrades/improvements since it first came out.  I took mine out this afternoon to do some plinking.  I ran a full 30 round mag through it with no problems.  It is a fun gun to shoot.  It seems like it takes forever to run out of ammo.   :laf:

It took some effort to get the mag loaded to 30 rounds. I figure it will ease up a bit after it gets broke in some.   The front sight is drift adjustable and I need to move it a little.  The gun was shooting a bit to the right.  It takes a .050 allen wrench to loose the set screws and I didn't have one with me at the time.  The rear sight is non-adjustable. 

FOs......yep, it is a loud sucker but virtually no recoil. 

nastygunz

Keltec CMR30 Carbine Nears Public Release
30 rounds of 22WMR on tap
Posted October 20, 2014 in Shooting by Oleg Volk

The long-awaited companion carbine to Keltec’s 22WMR pistol is finally nearing public release. Sensitive to the charges of releasing only trivial numbers of new products, Keltec is preparing to ship several thousand CMR30s late this year. The carbine was originally introduced as RMR30, but the name was changed because of Trijicon’s opposition (they manufacture a small red dot sight called RMR).

This carbine is extremely lightweight, just under 3 pounds. The four-position stock can be collapsed flush against the back of the receiver. Unlike the hybrid blowback/delayed blowback mechanism of the PMR30, it’s pure blowback, but with slow enough operation to make for smooth and reliable extraction of the long 22 Magnum cases. It uses the same magazines as the PMR30, making it easy to carry ammunition for both. The main advantages of the carbine are the much increased muzzle velocity (2000fps vs. 1250fps with standard 40-grain loads) and great accuracy. All samples of CMR30 I’ve tried were about 1MOA with CCI Mini Mags. Muzzle energy matches FN PS90′s 5.7×28 round, and 22WMR is more available at half the price per round.

The impressive accuracy of this lightweight carbine is the reason for “overscoping” it with the 4-16x Lucid L5 optic. Below is a group I shot two years ago with a prototype RMR30, firing all 15 rounds in about as many seconds.

We got similar results with the L5 scope, and its mildot reticle enables drop and drift estimations past point blank range. 22WMR stays supersonic out to 175 yards, making it a good choice for rural varminters. 30-round magazine can last for a while, making additional magazines optional.

Safety levers, stock adjustment levers, and non-reciprocating charging handles are ambidextrous, but the manual bolt stop/release lever is on the left only. Felt recoil and muzzle rise are negligible, so impacts can be easily observed through the scope. The carbine is well balanced and can be fired one-handed with ease.

Maintenance is quite simple: pull one pin in the back of the receiver and the pistol grip comes off. The bolt, guide rod, and spring come out for cleaning; no further dis-assembly is needed. So far, I have found two minor limitations in this design. One, the stock is not very robust, an understandable problem for the super light, non-military design. Fortunately, if it’s ever bent or broken, the gun remains functional, and the replacement takes a few seconds. Second, the sling loop is fairly small and requires using para cord for attachment. The carbine has plenty of rail space forward and back, so Magpul rail mounted sling eyelets work well to fix that.

For longer range, supported positions work best.

In my experience with the prototypes, they run best with some semi-viscous lubricant, such as Liberty CLP. I actually never cleaned CMR30 as my prototype ran reliably for the few hundred rounds I put through it. Jacketed ammunition makes 22WMR run a lot cleaner than 22LR, and the quality of priming appears to be higher as well. Based on my RMR30 experience, CMR30 got re-designed charging handles, wider and with a bit of a hook on the front to keep fingers from slipping off. Thanks to the light weight, excellent balance, and accuracy, CMR30 has been enthusiastically received by everyone who tested it. I think it makes a terrific hunting “long kit gun” and can be pressed into service for defensive use if need be.

- See more at: http://www.alloutdoor.com/2014/10/20/keltec-cmr30-carbine-nears-public-release/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2014-10-28&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter#sthash.iGWXjWO4.dpuf