• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

16Gauge Shooters

Started by JohnP, June 15, 2012, 02:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

I have two screw-in chokes, full and improved that are brand new and never been used.  I bought them for my 870 only to find out they are way to short.  If you can use them they are yours for the price of one cold frosty mug of beer whenever we shall meet. 

first come first served.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

code

I don't no much about shotguns and this may be a stupid question but will it fit on a Winchester model 12 16ga?
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

code

If they will I will take em.
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

JohnP

I doubt that they will fit your model 12.  Most if not all model 12's were made well before the screw-in chokes, also most are to thin walled to have them threaded.  You may be thinking of the screw-on choke.  Check with your granddaddy, if he says they will work I'll get them mailed out to you.  One other thing.  I would not recommend that you do anything to that model 12 to change it from it's original condition, except for safety reasons.  A model 12 rapidly losses it's value after any alteration.  If you don't mind me asking, how did you become the owner of a 12?  I haveone also, but I'm a year or two older than you and got mine when they were still fairly easy to come by and at a decent price ---- less than $100.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

code

I actually don't own a model 12 but my grandpa owns a 12ga, two 16ga and a 20ga so I get to shoot them alot and have killed a few duck with em to. The are a great gun if you aint bothered by recoil.