• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bitten by a bug...

Started by HuntnCarve, June 18, 2014, 04:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

I've been bitten by the airgun bug pretty bad. LOL!  Here's my latest acquisition
It's called a "Cricket" by Kalibrgun.  LOL!  It's a .25 caliber Pre Charged Pneumatic (PCP) shooting machine.  We're talking 12 shot groups of 1/4" at 40 yards.  Thanks to a built in Regulator, on a single charge of air (210 Bar) it'll give 60 shots with only a couple feet per second difference between each shot.  This one is set at 950 FPS and is really quiet.  Except when it hits the target, then it generates a loud smack!  I foresee a lot of fun with this outfit.  Oh, it's topped with a Hawke sidewinder (No relation to Jerry?  :laf:) 6.5 x 20 x42 Tactical scope.  Gotta wring out all the accuracy I can out of it.  Years ago I would have never dreamed of dropping this kind of $$ on air rifle.  What the heck happened to me? :shrug:  Check out some of the Cricket hunting and shooting videos on youtube.  Pretty impressive.

HuntnCarve
Dave

KySongDog

Sweet looking gun, Dave.   

Okanagan

Uh oh!  I REALLY LIKE that.  Bullpup design no less, a a favorite of mine which adds to the great spec info you posted.   What a grouse getter that would be.  We shoot their heads off with .22's and this would be superb for that.

BTW... in the Native Indian cultures of our area, when someone says he likes something, you give it to him...  :hahaha: :innocentwhistle: :alscalls:

I have some stories of that going both ways.  :huh:

Fun toy.  Enjoy it.  I told my son recently when he was surprised at the price of a new outdoor toy I bought, that though we're not rich I probably have more money than time left in life, so bought a quality item I would use immediately.  Good on you.

FinsnFur

Wow, fancy schmancy :congrats: Sweet looking rig and you deserve it Dave. Cant wait to see some blood shed :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Dave,

That is one nice looking rifle you have.  Accurate, sleek, and will be fun to shoot.  What is there not to like about it.    :biggrin:

Jerry

P.S.  Hawke is the family member that made it big time.  Then there is the Hawk who never made it anywhere.

edit:  I went to their website:  http://www.kalibrgun.com    and it is a little hard for me to read.

Carolina Coyote

Stealth for the Honey Holes, way to go Dave, No powder to buy, no Dies, no primers, I can hear it now " Honey its a lot Cheaper to shoot"  :laf:  :laf: cc

HuntnCarve

Thanks guys! 
Unfortunately here in PA  according to the game laws, you are not allowed to use a air gun for hunting. :huh:  So technically, the Honey Holes are off limits. :innocentwhistle:  Nuisance non game animals are eligible for eradication.  :confused:  But when the laws change, I'll be prepared.  :wink:
Jerry, I figured you to be able to speak Czech? LOL!  Oh, and sorry about the relative making it big, and abandoning the rest of you "Hawks" simply by adding an "e" onto the end of the name... :holdon:  You did make it here, and that's what matters. :congrats: 
After I spend some trigger time on this rifle, I'll give you all a report.  I did shoot five shots at 25 yards for a group off the deck rail.  A single hole!  Can't wait to bench rest it and sight it in for 50 yards. 

Dave

Okanagan

Quote from: HuntnCarve on June 19, 2014, 06:17:12 AM
Thanks guys! 
I did shoot five shots at 25 yards for a group off the deck rail.  A single hole!  Can't wait to bench rest it and sight it in for 50 yards. 

Dave

Zowie!!!  Not bad for a blinged up BB gun!

Frogman

Nice!!  I have the Benjamin Marauder in .25 cal..  It shoots great too!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Frogman

Nice!!  I have the Benjamin Marauder in .25 cal..  It shoots great too!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Okanagan

Hey Dave, just to be sure I want you to know I've been razzing you, nothing serious and I'm tickled for you.  Your .25 air rifle is the coolest toy any of us have picked up this year and we're merely envious!

HuntnCarve

I know it's all good fun Clyde.  You never razzed me in the slightest way.  If you were ever looking for a rifle to pick off grouse, the Cricket would be a sweet choice.  It does become boring however watching pellet after pellet go into the same hole. :laf: 

Dave

Wow Dave,
All I can think to say is Так же мы занимаемся разрабоÑ,кой новыÑ... образцов
and I'm pretty sure that's good.
Very nice!

FOsteology

950fps from a .25cal airgun isn't too shabby. What grain pellet are you slinging? Enough umph to take out a cat or coon at say 40 yards?  :confused:

HuntnCarve

FOs,

I'm shooting JSB Exact Kings at 25.39g.  I also have Eun Jin 43.2 grain pellets that shoot real well in my Benjamin Marauder .25 cal.  I have not tried them in the Cricket.   The thing with air guns is that the pellet needs to be kept under the speed of sound, otherwise they lose stability.  Accuracy then suffers.   As for feral cats and coons at 40 yards?  It would be no problem.

Dave

Hawks Feather

Quote from: HuntnCarve on June 20, 2014, 06:35:03 AM
As for feral cats and coons at 40 yards?  It would be no problem.

My view is every cat is feral.  Especially the one that has found my flower bed out front and likes to visit there for short periods of time.  Sooner or later, it will depart.   :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

Dale

Quote from: Hawks Feather on June 20, 2014, 09:35:20 AM
Quote from: HuntnCarve on June 20, 2014, 06:35:03 AM
As for feral cats and coons at 40 yards?  It would be no problem.

My view is every cat is feral.  Especially the one that has found my flower bed out front and likes to visit there for short periods of time.  Sooner or later, it will depart.   :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

nice lookin gun, and for that price it had better shoot well...  when I was up north and doing a lot of night hunting for fur, we could always tell the feral cats, their eyes would glow under the lights... ;-)
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

FOsteology

I see they'll be coming out with a 9mm Cricket soon. That'll thump whatever is on the receiving end pretty good.

Dave, are you refilling with a scuba tank or using a bicycle type hand pump? If hand pump, how long does it take to recharge?

HuntnCarve

FOs,

I bought a "Great White" carbon fiber tank   http://www.airtanksforsale.com/   I get it filled to 4500 PSI ($6.00 at a nearby dive shop), and I'm good for about 40 - 65 fills depending on which rifle.  This Cricket gets about 60 shots on a fill.  So that's a lot of shooting.
I did pick up a Hill brand High pressure pump a while back.  Using the hand pump it took about 60 - 65 pump strokes to go from 2000 PSI up to 3000 PSI.  It did not require a lot of effort. 

Dave

nastygunz

I have a huge supply of  .22 pellets and no concerns about the .22 lr shortage, air guns rule  :yoyo: There are some interesting pellets out there if you dig around.