• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

300 AAC Blackout

Started by msmith, November 29, 2014, 02:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msmith

I really didn't need this but, I got to looking at the junk on my bench and I had more than enough parts to build an AR minus a barrel nut and FF tube. During the scare I had about 6 stripped lower receivers and several magazines that I bartered, sold, and traded for other parts. I knew I had quite a few parts so I took inventory. Ordered a YHM FF tube and put it together.

It's pretty much a mutt with the diversity of parts. VLTR comp, Black Hole Weaponry barrel, CMMG upper receiver, Surplus Ammo & Arms lower, YHM FF tube and gas block, Rock River Arms BCG, DPMS lower parts kit, buffer tube and stock of unknown origin, Pmag, Nikon 223 scope mount and a Loopy VX1 3-9.

Loads are good enough til after deer season. After the first of the year I will try to fine tune them somewhat. Right now she's pushing a 125g Hornady SST at about 2175 fps and getting about 1.25" at 100 yds.

Future mods will be a Moe stock and JP trigger. Present trigger is stiff and has lots of gravel, er I mean travel. Also going to get a Duracoat "Kryptek" camo job.

Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

gravesco hunter

Very nice,those sst work great I shoot the 125 in my dpms 308

Dale

sweet set up... I was thinking about a 300 then started into a 450 Bushmaster and the 458 SOCOM... was about settled on one of the 45 cal. but then started into them a bit deeper and each of the big boys had enough drawbacks to set me back to the 300... so the search continues for a complete upper in 300 Blackout...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

Sweet rig

I like the looks of that FF tube.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Hawks Feather

While the rifle looks nice, I would be more pleased with the groups.

Jerry

Roundman

Nice!  :yoyo: I ordered a barrel for a 300 the other night. I want one to shoot subsonic rounds.