• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

See all sights

Started by riverboss, May 23, 2015, 04:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riverboss

Does anyone own one?
Thinking about one for my ruger 22-45 and as a close sight for a side mount on my ar.
They look pretty neat and I can't see to shoot open sights like I used to! Everything is to blurry even with glasses.

Frogman

Dan,
I have the Burris Fast Fire II red dot sight mounted off set to the right on my AR.  I really like it.  Don't know anything about the "see all sight"??

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

CCP

I have been intrigued by the see all site also. First seen it on the Tandemkross site but have not been able to physically check one out. Last week I got to play with a fastfire 3 and really liked it small compact size. I to want something for the 22/45 and currently use the Williams fire site but between my eyes and those not giving me the fine bead I like to hold they don't work to we'll for precise shooting. Good for gongs and such 4inch dia and larger but small stuff are hit and miss for me.

I may order one anyway and if it doesn't work well on the pistol (bulky) I might try it on the side of the AR.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

riverboss

I like the fastfire also but don't want to have battery's or have to turn it on and off. I think this could be great on a shtf gun for taking small game up close.

nastygunz

I was interested in one of those also, if you get one I would definitely be interested in your review on it.

riverboss

Hey Rich which model do you have? I just got the 22-45 lite 4.4" barrel threaded . it seems to really shoot good! I guess I will have to order the seeall and give it a try in a few weeks, the sites on mine at horrible to see.

CCP

I have the Mkiii 22/45 Target. When I got it the trigger was 6.2lbs. I took out the magazine disconnect and it dropped to 4.3lbs. I then  replaced every internal part with Volquartsen and got a true 1.5lbs pull with very little pretravel and a short reset. I then replaced the cheesy loaded indicator with a stainless blank and all my magazines got a Tandemkross spring assist extended base. I picked up a leather holster from them also with the open top incase I added an optic. My next project for it is replace with the rubber target grips. I got them in awhile back just haven't had the time to install yet.

Edit to add the factory all black on black adjustable sights sacked and replaced with Williams fire sights but not satisfied with them. They are well made good sights just don't fit my style of shooting.

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

riverboss

Thanks Rich im going to do some work on mine if I ever get it apart! Lol.

CCP

LOL my first one years ago I took apart pre-internet and YouTube and I spent a week trying to get it back together. Finally took it to a local gun Smith and he walked me through it. I have took this one apart so many times it ain't bad but there is still voodoo involved at times.

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

riverboss

I got the handle thing out and the bolt but it wouldn't pull out I had to use a brass punch and plastic dead blow hammer to get the thing behind the sights to come out! Its tight very tight. But the barrel wouldn't slide forward and come off. I may send it in so they can mess it up.

CCP

You will need the dead blow hammer or wood to tap off the upper, it will get easier over time. The voodoo part is putting the main spring back in after you put the upper back on.

Glenn (HaMeR) has my other ruger pistol I want but he won't sell it to me. LOL

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

KySongDog

Quote from: CCP on May 29, 2015, 05:49:56 PM
LOL my first one years ago I took apart pre-internet and YouTube and I spent a week trying to get it back together.

Thank GAWD for those Utube vids!  They came in handy on a 22/45 and a 1911 once.  The Ruger is a little tricky.  I agree that Tandemcross magazine disconnect bushing is the bomb. They make great products as does Volquartsen.  I put a Vol extractor in a new 10/22 and it solved a severe stove pipe issue.  Ruger's QC has gone down hill IMHO.

nastygunz

Did anyone ever get one of  those  See All sights?

riverboss

I never did, I ended up selling my Ruger.
It just never shot as good as my other pistols. I've got a old 9 shot H@R revolver that put that thing to shame!

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

nastygunz

Im a revolver guy myself!

nastygunz

See All  has some new sights out on their website FYI.